Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #11

That welding points to hundreds of hours under the hood perfecting tig skills. Beautiful.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Nice work there huntsalot! Did you replace all the quigley components? Curious if the replacement arms you made are straight or if you curved them at all for tire clearance.

My lower arm is the only rubbing I get with 35’s and it’s minimal. When I inquired to agile about the one off quigley replacement arms they once did John had mentioned that they put a slight bend in the lower arm for tire clearance but I wondered if that would take away the easy adjustability of the heim joints. Curious about how you went about building yours.
everything quigley removed. My wheels are off set a bit so they do not rub. A bent tube design is bad, Tubing is strong pushing and pulling, if you pre bend it it can fail easily. weakens it so much.
Huntsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:43 AM   #13
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Is this something you're thinking of turning into a sideline business?

Fascinating concept, incredible workmanship---holy cow on those welds!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #14

Im new on here so I apologize for not responding to private messages. For some reason im unable too? As far as would I do this on the side..... The cost associated with it is very high. Just in materials and shocks is near 5500.00. That said add the labor to build and weld it all the kit would be near 10K off the top of my head.Now you would have the best "kit" on the market and fully tunable but Im guessing the demand would be low due to cost? Prove me wrong and I may make some sets.
Huntsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:11 AM   #15

That's in the neighborhood of other kits. Finding kingpin 60's seems to be pretty tough though. Do you have a source?
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #16

Garage
I paid 14k for my first Quadvan conversion with inadequate Bilstein shocks. You are not out line in my opinion. Your work is stunning and will sell itself.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #17

I think that this forum just stepped up a notch in the suspension fabrication thread world for solid axle D60 Vans.

Can you please answer a few questions?
1. Specs on the King Shocks: Spring rate, custom valving. or just off the shelf shock from a Super Duty Truck spec.?

2. What Fox steering stabilizer is that?

3. Are you running without a sway bar? If so then how is the handling? Front sway. leaning? Are the rear springs keeping it in check?

4. Can you please post more pics? (lots of pics) of the frame mount control arm locations and brackets? and shock towers on the frame?

5. Last question....What length lower and upper control arms? Im guessing around 38-40"

Awesome fab skills!!!! Thanks for sharing your suspension ideas with us.