Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
My husband and I are interested in buying a Sportsmobile penthouse top for our Sprinter van. We would like to see one before buying. Anyone in Utah or western Colorado have one that we could look at?
I had a penthouse top installed by SMB North on my Ford Transit in May of 2017. I have put over 49,000 miles on it and am very satisfied with it. I purchased the electric lift option and highly recommend it. I do not use the upper bed, but the screens and windows have held up exceptionally well as has all the other hardware.

bidgoodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #12

Nancy at SMB North also managed the install of the penthouse on our Sprinter. We are happy campers.
texasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:50 PM   #13

Definitely check out Colorado Camper Vans. Wider inside dimensions, stronger lifting system and they Listen to any ideas you might have. I live in CA, 4 hours south of Fresno SMB and I chose to drive to Denver 14 hours to Ck out CCV’s. CCV definitely won out! I ck’d out SMB first, I visited their displays at the Pomona RV Show. A solid good product. I was originally going with SMB. SMB is also a good product, I just preferred CCV. Good Luck.
SPACETIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:13 PM   #14

True! CCV’s have wider beds, And, CCV ‘s have a “Front Top Window” in the canvas. My wife and I don’t sleep up top but Really appreciate the increased view, openness and size. 👻
SPACETIME is offline   Reply With Quote