Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2021, 11:09 PM   #1

Anyone in Moab this week?

We will be passing though Moab this week for my sons birthday. If there are any SMB'ers in the area that want to catch up, let me know. I'd like to ask you a couple questions about your set ups and some best practice items about my van.

THaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:13 PM   #2

We are wanting to stay outside of town, any recommendations of SMB friendly campsites near a mtn bike trail system? I have not been to Moab in over 10 years to ride my bike. Time to reintroduce myself. Any beta that helps improve a family trip is appreciated.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:33 AM   #3

I have a good friend that owns St Danes Campground.. go see Chubby n tell him Wanderer sent you!!
Wanderer-RRORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:31 AM   #4
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Prepare yourself, it is packed these days, hopefully you won’t be hitting the area during anyone’s spring break. Willow springs rd, north off of 191, used to be our go to for dispersed camping and exploring, you can enter the back side of Arches from there but it’s gotten so overrun the last few times, we’ve given up on it, you might be able to snag a spot, the best ones are in and up off to the right, not as trafficked and less dusty than on the main rd in.
We’ve gone up to Dalton Wells rd just north to find a spot before, not as crowded and still has access to a bunch of trails.
Whatever you do, DO NOT try to head into town on a Friday, you’ll be sitting in traffic for miles.
Oh, and stop by and say hi to my old buddy BC that owns Milts to grab a burger, fries and a shake over by Sand Flats rd on the way to Hell’s revenge and fins n’ things trails. Enjoy!
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:59 AM   #5

I'm in Fruita right now. Trails and dispersed camping is busy here and in Moab. Mid-week is mo bettah. And yes, there is construction and lane widening on 191 as you come into Moab from the north.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 09:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
I'm in Fruita right now. Trails and dispersed camping is busy here and in Moab. Mid-week is mo bettah. And yes, there is construction and lane widening on 191 as you come into Moab from the north.
We will be in Fruita tonight, Moab Tuesday. We are going down to the overflow on 18 road. Let me know if you are around.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by THaley View Post
We will be in Fruita tonight, Moab Tuesday. We are going down to the overflow on 18 road. Let me know if you are around.

Right on! Riding Moab tomorrow. The overflow lot and other dispersed options were thinning out when we left today. Doing the zig zag I guess. Have fun!
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:07 AM   #8

Garage
Klondike Bluff trail area and Bar M north of town on 191 are great for mountain biking. Good dispersed camping can be had on the west side of 191 from there. 313 then Dubinky Well and Spring Canyon roads. A lot of big trailer rigs closer to 191, but when we were there in October 2020, few people once we were further west. Also Rodeo Loop is great for mountain biking in that same area. Have fun!