Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #31

Re: My Gawd....

Thanks sir. Yes, I'm outside the pickup market on this next rig. However, as far as my 3500HD Dmax, I freakin' love it. I went with the 3500 Dmax dually because I thought it outshined all comers. I've done a ton of mods to it (probably close to $10k worth if I added it all up), however. I'm starting to think about keeping it too. As suggested, figure I could have an upfitter further sleeve the frame (it's already a boxed frame), switch to 19.5s all around and I'd be good. My upgraded suspension handles it well. Decisions, decisions.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #32

Alright carringb, you made me do this 5500 custom order. Eight weeks with no truck while this bad boy was being built (listed and sold my Silverado inside of a week). Had the bed installed as low as possible. Yes, it has a heated steering wheel.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #33

The setup as it current sits.

Helper bags ordered this AM. Olympian heater not far off in the distance (furnace sucks batts when camping in Winter mountain temps).

(at the state XC meet this past weekend)
Old 11-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #34

Looks great! I like the extra boxes!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #35

Thanks! It's all your fault.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:43 PM   #36

Furnace in my trailer is also my biggest battery suck by far. it does have to heat almost 400 ft2 but still, lots of room for efficiency improvements there. Next trailer is going to have a hydronic heated floor system. I ended up with a small inverter generator to keep the batts going in cold weather.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:08 AM   #37

Garage

This is my 2012 Ram 3500 6.7 diesel longbed 4x4 Crew Laramie, SuperSprings Commercial, Helliwig Big Wig Sway, Timbren Front Bump Stops.
I've had an 02 F250 V8 7.3 lb supercab and that was great, then a 2011 Silverado 2500 6.7 V8 diesel crew lb 4x4 very very nice, but nothing puts a smile on your face like a Cummins Straight6 diesel 6.7! Quiet, Tons of Torque & Power

This is my Ram 3500 Diff, bewdyful!

Love my V8 6.0 diesel eb50 Yellow SMB too!
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:10 AM   #38

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis
Alright carringb, you made me do this 5500 custom order. Eight weeks with no truck while this bad boy was being built (listed and sold my Silverado inside of a week). Had the bed installed as low as possible. Yes, it has a heated steering wheel.

Awesome Rig! Would love that tray!
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:26 PM   #39

Time for an update:

This Winter I went a little nuts with the electrical. Installed a second dual battery box (nothing makes you pucker like making a huge hole in the side of your camper), 3000w pure sine wave inverter, two new auto transfer switches (replaced the orig and added a second), a Blue Sea sub panel for inverted circuits only, and added three 160w panels to my 110 panel array for a total of 590 potential watts. On a sunny day, I think I could weld with this setup.

Even made the news X-Mas eve (up at the ski resort):

Instead of investing in new tunes and exhaust for the truck (badly needed), I'm now turning my attention back to my buggy. Well, a new buggy (selling my former buggy). Will take at least a year to complete (parts is 'spensive), but should look similar to the one in the last photo.

(Not my shop)

Test fitting one of my new shocks on one of the modified rear trailing arms. It fits, by the way:

And when all said and done, it should look similar to this one:

That's all I have to report.