Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #11

Re: My Northwest rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographix
Very nice SMB. Are those seat covers on the front seats? We would like a set like that, so if you could post a link that would be great.
Hi Actually they are upholstered with the Sportsmobile logo on them. The original owner spared no expense on the interior!

debmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmobile
It doesn't count unless you include pictures of your dogs!
Hahah will do! they rule!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeWalnut
We live a little south of Portland. For quick weekend getaways we like to explore the Mt. Hood National Forest. The last couple years Elk Lake (North of Detroit > NF-46 > NF-4697) has been a huge draw. Signs to the lake say 4-wheel and high clearance only, but not a real technical trail, bumpy road but still fun, you gain tons of elevation.

But I am a Central Oregon kid at heart, and this past year we did Little Cultus to Irish/Taylor Lake to Waldo Lake (West of Highway 97 North of Highway 58). Road from Little Cultus to Irish/Taylor Lakes is a narrow dirt track, winding through the trees. The Lakes are a resting point for some people that hike the PCT. From Irish/Taylor Lake to Waldo Lake the road gets technical in some areas, mostly in a recently burned out area (down trees, rocks, tight spaces), but a huge confidence booster.

If I had the time I would spend it in the Eastern part of the state, too many places to list in the Wallowa, Umitilla, and Ochoco National forest.

Irish Lake
Hello thai you so much, we lived in Hood River when we first arrived in oregon, so we started with the usual - Lost Lake, Trillium, Detriot Lake. But with the four wheel drive, Id like to be a bit more daring, but not crazy!How do you explain to your job that your lost in the woods and can't make it into work?
SO thanks for the new spots, we'll give them a try. One of the many reasons to have the SMB is to get away form the campgrounds and I am a bit timid about a wilderness walkabout. Cheers!