Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2017, 10:24 PM   #41

Garage
When I put my rear Reunel bumper on I had to take off the Original door mounted tire carrier that mounts through the door and is drilled into the door hinges. I had no idea what I was going to do to seal the holes or what would look good and I finally came up with a great solution.....
Door mounted AX

The 2 mounts go right were my holes were and its nice and out of the way for not getting it stolen but still quick and easy to access.

I purchased this Ax, its a great size and reasonable, only $27 on sale right now, I payed about $43
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And these mounts:

nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:15 PM   #42

Garage
Got around to Installing this rear Hot/Cold shower and made a separate HOW TO thread about it so other people can find it easier.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post208526

Old 11-10-2017, 08:06 AM   #43

Garage
Does anyone know what size the 4 bolts are that mount the OEM air filter box on a 7.3l? I found a used one finally (after blowing mine up last year) and decided to ditch my custom one I had made since it was making a little bit of a drone noise with my new 4" exhaust. Unfortunately Ford doesn't sell anything for the air cleaner so its been very hard finding parts for it since most get damaged from a crash if they are at a junkyard. Anyway it might be a long shot but if anyone has any idea what size those 4 bolts are I would be super grateful, couldn't find anything in my bolt drawer that would fit to give me an idea.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #44
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
When I put my rear Reunel bumper on I had to take off the Original door mounted tire carrier that mounts through the door and is drilled into the door hinges. I had no idea what I was going to do to seal the holes or what would look good and I finally came up with a great solution.....
Door mounted AX

The 2 mounts go right were my holes were and its nice and out of the way for not getting it stolen but still quick and easy to access.

I purchased this Ax, its a great size and reasonable, only $27 on sale right now, I payed about $43

And these mounts:
Man that's a slick set up. May have to barrow that idea
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:47 PM   #45

Garage
Good idea!
Old 11-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #46

Garage
Thank you both, now i just need to figure out what to do with the 2 little holes that had the cut up E350 logo.

Still hoping someone knows where I can figure out what bolt size holds the air intake down to the engine bay on a 7.3l. Might just have to buy a bunch and do process if elimination.....
Old 11-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #47

Quote:
Thank you both, now i just need to figure out what to do with the 2 little holes that had the cut up E350 logo.

Still hoping someone knows where I can figure out what bolt size holds the air intake down to the engine bay on a 7.3l. Might just have to buy a bunch and do process if elimination.....
I've found a few of those bolts at the junkyard. F250 and f350 from that era had them as well. Not just the 7.3 engine. I'll look around for some spares

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:16 AM   #48

Yeah I found 3 of those bolts. let me know if you want them.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #49

Garage
Awesome, thanks for looking into that, ill send a PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:53 AM   #50

Quote:
Now onto the project of the week......new flooring before I leave to camp for the weekend at Bear Lake. Like most projects I thought I could bust it out in a day or 2 and its taken all week with every free moment I have had till 2am most nights and I am still not quite done lol. I tore out the old carpet and rediculously thick carpet pad and put down 2 layers of cork padding and some nice thick vinyl plank wood flooring (this stuff seems great for a van, super durable, looks nice and all plastic so 100% waterproof).

Tearing out and scraping all the nasty glued padding (hard to do without damaging the cheap pressed plywood they used)
The brackets were also a pain trying to have my 5yr old son wrench a socket from the top while I was under the van, a couple were also under my grey water tank so I had to drop that and ended up keeping some of the rear seatbelt ones that were under my propane generator that is in the spare tire location.

Such an awesome build. I have 2 questions. Where did you find the cork underlayment for your floors? How did you prep your bumpers for paint/rhino lining?
Squirrel_murphy is offline   Reply With Quote