Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2022, 10:08 AM   #11

Garage
Well done! It's been a life changer for us. Sooo glad we did this. Keep us posted on your adventures.

Amy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 06:21 PM   #12

Garage
Congratulations on your beautiful van. Let the adventure begin!!
Old 01-05-2022, 10:37 AM   #13

Nice looking van, and nice to have another Dodge owner on the forum. Not many of us here. I have a '95 Dodge pop-top with that lovely turquoise interior as well :-). I like the van on the whole, and it's been mostly reliable but hey... it's a 26 year old vehicle and you should anticipate there will be associated issues with your van at some point, and especially if you are going to do any boon-docking be prepared. Here's some of the stuff I've had to deal with on my van for your information:

- Transmission was slipping in reverse when cold, and then started having trouble upshifting. A rebuild fixed those problems.
- The spring in the parking brake cable snapped. Found a reasonable replacement at the local hardware store which has been holding for 6+ years now.
- Fuel gauge stopped working 10+ years ago. When the van started to experience intermittent stumbling last year I figured I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and replace the fuel pump (sender is integral with the pump, which is an in-tank unit). This kinda-sorta fixed the gauge, although when the van has been sitting for a while the gauge will drop to empty for a minute or so, then come back up to the correct level.
- Turns out the intermittent hesitating/stalling was not due to the fuel pump but was a failing ECM. Thankfully mine chose to die at a stoplight in town rather than miles and miles from nowhere. This was a major pain-in-the-rear as these are becoming quite difficult to locate (my trusted mechanic spent a lot of time on the internet before finding a replacement which - thankfully - worked).
- Seized front wheel bearings which were my own fault as I neglected them because the mileage on my van is low (but not the years...).
- House battery isolator failed and was replaced.

Hoping you have many wonderful adventures in your beautiful van!

Eric W.