Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #11

Mine is actually an Airhead composting toilet; similar to the Nature's head unit. My toilet is just sitting in the shower enclosure at the moment. I simply placed it in the enclosure for the photo.

I ordered a sheet of 1-inch thick plastic, as wide as the shower enclosure floor, which I will mount the unit to. It will take some time for that to arrive so I fashioned a similar temporary mounting board out of marine plywood.

Sportsmobile already included some brackets near the bottom of the shower enclosure which they used to secure the portapotty using a bungy cord; I'll use one of these brackets to secure my mounting board to prevent it from sliding forward.

You are correct that Sportsmobile wouldn't install a composting toilet, but they did install the vent fan and mushroom vent cap for me. The only issue is that they had to move the vent location more inboard from the outside wall due to the fact that the Sprinter's body sides curve in near the roof. That made my storage cabinet smaller than it otherwise would have been. They ran a separate, switched and fused, power wire from the batteries to the composting vent fan. This will allow me to run the vent fan even when the house power is turned off.

grinnelljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:30 PM   #12

I forgot to add the reason why I chose the Airhead over the Nature's Head composting toilet. The Airhead vent fan is located in the flared fan housing that is mounted to my ceiling just below the mushroom vent cap. The Nature's Head fan is located on the toilet side, making it much more likely to be sprayed with water in the small wet bath of the Sprinter.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:54 AM   #13

Congrats! Looks dreamy......
Old 12-20-2018, 10:29 AM   #14

Beautiful rig.

Congratulations on a nice outfit. I suppose things are a bit flatter in the mid west, but if it were mine I'd have gone with some lift and bigger wheels / tires.
Viejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:22 PM   #15

I’m actually in the Northeast. I’ll be adding a set of snow tires to the OEM 16” wheels and then getting new set of 17” wheels with A/T rated tires. Not sure about adding a suspension lift, but I am looking as some skid plates to protect the low hanging second alternator and fuel tank.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #16

What's the head room in your rig?
dave0718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0718 View Post
What's the head room in your rig?
It’s almost 6 feet at the low point under the A/C. The rest of the inside is just a bit over 6’2”. The van interior height for the Sprinter high top is listed as 6’3”, but you lose a little with the plywood floor and the finished ceiling.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:10 AM   #18

Garage
Congrats, I've felt your joy! Have fun!
bidgoodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:24 AM   #19

I just added a teak shower mat to the floor of my shower. It fits the floor almost perfectly. It keeps my feet out of the residual water that tends to remain if the van isn't level. You can also see the marine plywood that I painted with white epoxy paint and mounted the brackets for my Airhead composting toilet to. The spray bottle holds a 50:50 mix of vinegar:water to spray into the bowl and rinse any residual urine into the front collection receptacle. Works great and it prevents any urine smell.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:04 PM   #20

Just picked up our Sportsmobile from MassWraps in Grafton, MA. We had them do a satin black wrap of the hood and the trim under the grill. We also had them add a gloss black faux window on the driver’s side just forward of the real rear side window. Lastly, we had a protective film applied to the front lights and fog lights and a glass treatment (GlassParency) of the huge front windshield.

Very happy with all the work; their attention to detail is obvious, even up close. Would not hesitate to recommend MassWraps to anyone.