Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #1

Overland Journal Photo Contest

Sportsmobile forum members...this idea is especially for you!

Sportsmobile will be holding a contest involving our full page ads in the Overland Journal. We are looking for picture submissions of your Sportsmobile for use in the quarterly editions and the gear guide issue of the Overland Journal. We will be using a new photo for each new ad. Many of you have seen "Two Lost's" rig in the winter edition.

We are looking for a great "Spring themed" photo of your Sportsmobile for the next issue. Photos will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges and a selection will be made based on whatever quailifications they deem fit.

The winning submission will be awarded a $100 credit to the Sportsmobile store, photo credit, and more importantly bragging rights at the next meet and greet!

Please e-mail submissions to j.feld@sportsmobile.com. Photos can be submitted in low-res...but we will need a hi-res copy of the winning photo for use in the magazine. Please limit your submission to 5 photos per Sportsmobiler.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Jonny

Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #2

Re: Overland Journal Photo Contest

I failed to mention that the deadline for all submissions is February 14th...Thanks for the heads up on that Bronco Hauler!

Jonny
Old 01-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #3

Scott Brady, the editor of Overland Journal, loved the photo contest idea. He will be throwing in a 1 year subscription to the Overland Journal to the photo contest winner to sweeten up the pot!

Thanks Scott!
Old 02-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #4

Garage

So, do we have a winner???
Old 03-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #5

Sorry...just saw your post Steve.

We do have a winner! I can't spoil it until the Spring edition is released.

Stay tuned and we will show the winning photo and big props to the winning photographer as soon as the Spring mag is released.

We will be looking for more entries soon when we prepare our summer ad...so start thinking about your favorite summer destination and how you can capture that winning photo of your Sportsmobile!

All the Best,

Jonny
Old 04-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #6

Overland Journal Photo Contest...we have a winner!

Congratulations to Chris and Ginger for winning the first Sportsmobile Overland Journal ad photo contest!

Here you can see the winning photo for the Overland Journal Spring edition. It is a great shot of their SMB showing what it can do.

We will start taking submissions for the summer edition so please e-mail any photos of your SMB with "summer" in mind. Remember, the winning entry gets a $100 gift certificate to the Sportsmobile store! Send your entries to j.feld@sportsmobile.com. Good luck!

Happy Trails!

-Jonny
Attached Thumbnails
journalad1.JPG  
Old 04-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #7

Congrats CJ! Looks like Imogene pass or engineer pass CO.
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
CJ

Send a message via Yahoo to CJ

Bingo! Good eye Roonie. Not sure which of the two it was, I'd have to look that up. This was one of the best trips ever. It was the kind of Overland trip that SMB's were made for, 3 weeks in the Rockies. I guess I should post some more pics now.

Lets start planning now for a late June 2012 trip........Alpine Loop and vacinity!!

Thanks.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
CJ

Send a message via Yahoo to CJ

THANK YOU Sportsmobile West. You guys Rock!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ
Bingo! Good eye Roonie. Not sure which of the two it was, I'd have to look that up. This was one of the best trips ever. It was the kind of Overland trip that SMB's were made for, 3 weeks in the Rockies. I guess I should post some more pics now.

Lets start planning now for a late June 2012 trip........Alpine Loop and vacinity!!

Thanks.

Thread jack..... I have really wanted to do this loop and have started the research on it. I would be in for sure!
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote