Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 05:48 AM   #291

Here is a link to my awning on another forum I frequent.
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: My Chevrolet Express van Class B- camper

Here is another picture of it:

The awning is not a Shady Boy. I got it from Gander Mountain, but they recently went bankrupt and I think they were bought out by Camping World. I don't know if you can still get an awning from them anymore. It came with four corner poles so you could use it free standing, but I only use it attached on one side to my van.

Here is a link to another member who has one:
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post160820

Mike & Nancy

The Cookie Monster

Black95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:01 AM   #292

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black95 View Post
Here is a link to my awning on another forum I frequent.
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: My Chevrolet Express van Class B- camper
The awning is not a Shady Boy. I got it from Gander Mountain, but they recently went bankrupt and I think they were bought out by Camping World. I don't know if you can still get an awning from them anymore. It came with four corner poles so you could use it free standing, but I only use it attached on one side to my van.

Here is a link to another member who has one:
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post160820

Mike & Nancy

The Cookie Monster
Thanks, M&N. looks like a good one. I found this one on Bus Depot, for anyone interested:

The Bus Depot Ezy-Awning | BusDepot.com

Old 06-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #293

Garage
Not a great picture, but it was the craziest camp spot I've ever been to. Took the van to the edge of it's capabilities to drag a 6000 lb trailer up a steep, sandy, bumpy road that was never intended for full size vehicles.

41.529629, -113.689975

Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #294

Garage
Looks like a great little spot @Wanderlust Bus, I have yet to explore over that way since I moved to SLC, Im always going North, South, or East. Any other recommendations or favorites you have? I will send a PM and well talk

Spent Last weekend at one of my favorite close by places in American Fork Canyon, it was a pretty rough road to get as far back as where I go. Got a little trail damage aired down to about 17lbs on 33" BFG KO2's, maybe I went a little too low for the weight of my rig? what does everyone else who airs down go too? It did handle great though.

I wish KO2's had some rim protection, my biggest gripe with them, have loved them otherwise.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #295

Garage
When needed, I air down to maybe 30 psi. The new Toyo MT tires are much softer than the Toyo AT that we used to have. Last weekend, we did 150 miles offroad and the ride was as smooth as ever at full pressure (80 psi front, 60 psi rear).
Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:03 PM   #296

Spent several days in Gifford Pinchot National Forest off i5 north of Vancouver...one of our must visit places each season. This time we spent most of it under the protection of a Kelty Noah 20 Tarp gear tied off the rail above the slider. The sound of rain was pleasant and we didn't mind it at all. Several walks in the rain in our protective gear told the wetness who was boss ; )

Thom

accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:19 PM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
any shark sightings?!
Off Topic but here goes:
Juvenile Whitey, 8 ft estimate, seen at Silver Strand Star Beach just north of Imperial Beach, just South of Coronado beaches within the last week or so...
Many crusty ol' surfers are talking tough, but staying dry.
Stay alert and keep Camp Fire pics coming: don't get sampled by whitey or burn any of the forests!
EmMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:36 PM   #298

haha. Beaches got closed here in San Clemente again just this week!

Sorry, back to campsite pics...

Went to Big Sur two weekends in a row recently to see what the closures were all about. Resulted in getting walk in Kirk Creek sites all 3 days over Memorial Day weekend. Definitely worth it. And the beaches were very empty.

Have to admit, it was weird staying in a campground. Seems like the last time we did that in the van was forever ago. But probably one of the best campgounds around, so not complaining.

bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #299

Garage
Opportunism at its best. If you don't need to be in the water, you get to stay and have the views. Good for you!
Old 06-15-2017, 09:44 PM   #300

Garage
[QUOTE=accrete;205426]Spent several days in Gifford Pinchot National Forest off i5 north of Vancouver...one of our must visit places each season. This time we spent most of it under the protection of a Kelty Noah 20 Tarp gear tied off the rail above the slider. The sound of rain was pleasant and we didn't mind it at all. Several walks in the rain in our protective gear told the wetness who was boss ; )

Thom

Awww, man, you make me homesick for my own region. OK, next trip GPNF!