Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2015, 09:23 PM   #91

Re: Post your campsite pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Damn Robb, I hope I didn't offend you with my music out at the ranch
No worries, it's not my favorite either.. in fact, the only time I listen to such music is at this one campout every year.. and my DJ friend plays all kinds, old rock, hiphop, dance, electronica, whatever...

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:31 PM   #92

Quote:
What were you playin'? That video almost made me happy I left on Saturday.

He's a great DJ but never did get around to our Black Sabbath request...as far as I can recall. Pink Floyd under the stars was nice though.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #93
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt
Quote:
What were you playin'? That video almost made me happy I left on Saturday.

He's a great DJ but never did get around to our Black Sabbath request...as far as I can recall. Pink Floyd under the stars was nice though.
Funny, if Robb had stuck around a little longer at the ranch, he would have got some Black Sabbath. But Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Saliva, Rage Against the Machine, Beck were there as well as The Doors, Yes, REM, Rush and stuff from those eras. Oh I forgot, a little Johnny Cash for a bit of country lingo.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:07 PM   #94

Here are some campsite pics from our recent 5 week swing from N. Calif up through Montana and Wyoming, down to Denver and then home.

Second night out was at Virgin Valley off 140 in northern Nevada. On a 1 to 5 scale, a 2 at most. Nice warm pool to soak in but otherwise dusty and buggy.

The next night was 3 Islands State Park on the Snake River in Idaho. Very nice park. For $20 we top off the water, shower, dump garbage and otherwise prepare for a week off the grid.

The next day we made it to this spot in Montana that we stumbled onto last year. This time we went back prepared to spend a week. Here's the idealized version we remember...

and here's the daytime reality.

We spent a few days fishing up the Madison River to W. Yellowstone and then down the Gallatin River to Bozeman. We camped at this fishing access spot on the way.

After some time in Bozeman getting a new rear axle, we headed up the Yellowstone River and into the park. What a zoo. Camping in Yellowstone in July == Walmart parking lot with bears.

The second day we drove out through W Yellowstone and camped on the Gallatin at a fishing access just 1/4 mile outside the park. You can see the blue signs in the center of the picture. It was just a 100 yard wide strip between the highway and the river but still way better than the park.

After Yellowstone we went down through Jackson and east then north into the headwaters of the Green River. Spent a couple of days here.

Then we headed toward Denver with a stop in the Wyoming boonies...

There wasn't much traffic so we camped in the middle of the road.

After a family visit in Denver we drove across N. Colorado into SW Wyoming. This camp is in a FWS campground in Browns Park Wildlife Refuge on the Green River below Flaming Gorge.

This site is camping in the road again on the north edge of Fossil Butte National Monument.

One of our last camps was at Antelope Spring artesian well west of Delta UT. Four different bands of wild horses came to drink at the spring in the evening.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:34 PM   #95

Great pics Viejo! I'm glad the trip was salvaged.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:16 PM   #96

Hi,

Back to our little bay on Manitoulin island where I asked Leggz to marry me last summer.

20 feet from crystal clear Lake Huron

West across Shrigley Bay

A special place in our hearts.

Regards,

Gavin
Old 08-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #97

Here are some pictures of the best campsites on our recent trip from San Diego up to Glacier National Park

This camp was at the site of the ruins of the town of Kelton, Utah along the grade of the Central Pacific Rairoad on the original transcontinental railroad West of Promontory Summit where the Golden Spike was driven upon completion of the rail link between East and West Coasts.

Camp in the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest in Montana West of exit 93 on Interstate 15. This was one of those serendipitous camps. We had no real plans after visiting Golden Spike National Historic Site (short notice vacation) and looked at the map and said "Well we've always wanted to go to Glacier NP and look we're halfway there. Let's go." Headed up 15 and were just looking for a place to land for the night.

Camp on the Two Medicine River just outside of Glacier National Park. We'd driven up from Utah and arrived fairly late in the day and found that the Saint Mary Valley in Glacier was on fire and all the campgrounds had been evacuated. Not sites available at Two Medicine Campground in the park so drove along and saw a dirt road heading off the main road and took it and ran into this site. Were able to wash off the dust in the river.

On the way back to San Diego we were on Highway 93 in Nevada and went up a dirt road and found this camp along the road over Schellbourne Pass just east of Highway 93 in Nevada near the site of the Egan Canyon Pony Express Station.
DesertSMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #98

We've been spending a few nights for the past two weeks at an Oregon Dept. Of Forestry dispersed area near our home on the Oregon Coast.

The river is peaceful and the bears and kitty cats are still up in the hills (they start showing up in ~November-February~)...
so hanging outside in our hammocks is also non-eventful ; )

Here is one of our reading rooms riverside:

Here is a shot from inside one of the "Amoks"...bug free and in camp lounge mode after a restful nite's sleep.

I took this shot from the kitchen setup under the FIAMA awning on the van looking toward our two "Amok" Draumr v3 hammocks:

We set up the Kelty Noah 16 to catch falling leaves and as a reflector for the bug candles we like to keep lit at night for a nite-lite : )

Here is a close up of my Amok. It goes from sleep mode into camp-lounge mode with two easy adjustments while inside the hammock/bug screen.

Happy Trails,
Thom
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #99

Somewhere in the Ochoco National Forest.

2009 Modified RB21 E350 4X4 6.0L Diesel
CascadeWalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:55 AM   #100

Beaver Nation!