Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2021, 01:40 PM   #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Re-size the pics ever so slightly before posting them.

That's it..... Thx

Old 02-17-2021, 01:45 PM   #752

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE View Post
Glen,
Great trip.....DV is a great trip anytime of the year. Wind is the common denominator in the desert's. Mothers natures ventilation system.
Not sure which Universe is using the spaceship port. I do know that your military experience came (most likely) from either Ellis AFB (NV) or China Lake NWTC (CA).
Many people go to the Father Crowley overlook on highway 190 and wait for them to start their low level flight training. Great place to view and hear them up close.
HighCountry.
Yea, that was our original goal as we were told the best time to catch them flying the canyon was right before & right after red flag exercises. This time, they flew the canyon before, but not after, so we missed them. The exercise ended on Friday. We did get a couple of higher elevation flyovers at the overlook, which was still pretty cool.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:38 PM   #753

Glenn,
I see your in OC.
Do you a reliable 4X4 shop in your area?
I'm Looking in L.A. county but not getting any referrals.
I have spent the better part of my life traveling the basin roads (north and south) of Nevada.
Love the cowboy mystic and the charm of old mining sites. Wild horses, small mountain streams and Pronghorn running between aspen groves. Just waiting for spring.
O' the good old days.........
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:49 PM   #754

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE View Post
Glenn,
I see your in OC.
Do you a reliable 4X4 shop in your area?
I'm Looking in L.A. county but not getting any referrals.
I have spent the better part of my life traveling the basin roads (north and south) of Nevada.
Love the cowboy mystic and the charm of old mining sites. Wild horses, small mountain streams and Pronghorn running between aspen groves. Just waiting for spring.
O' the good old days.........
I hear ya!!! We want to get up that way and do at least part of the Pony Express Trail through Nevada. Maybe even someday do the route from Salt Lake City to Tahoe.

The only place I know of down this way is Agile Off-Road in Santee (near San Diego). They seem to have a pretty good reputation & they really helped me out with some issues I was having with my van when I first bought it. I have heard that they are so busy doing sprinter type vans that they are quite backlogged.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:21 PM   #755
Orv

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBlackE350 View Post
I installed the Atwood dual LP / CO detector when I built my galley with a single burner stove & sink combo. I'd never run a fuel powered heating system without one, but so many have no clue... Even idling a stationary van for heat or air is risky without.
In fact, the one time my CO detector has shown dangerous levels was a time I was idling the van to charge the batteries. I'd inadvertently left a rear sliding window open, and it was on the same side as the tailpipe.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:07 AM   #756

I need shocks for sure.
I called Ventura 4X4 which was also highly rated talked to his office person who said he was booked thru April. He never called me back. Kind of disappointing when someone is highly recommended.
I hear a lot of good things about Agile Off-Road.......not sure it's worth the call as I'm sure it's the same with them.
No one has recommended any shop in the Los Angeles area.
Did they put shocks on your van? I do very little "4X4 off-road" driving any more but do travel lots of U.S. Forest road so I'm not really looking for adjustable shocks but something multi-use. Any Ideas.
2003 E350 7.3. 4X4 SMB EB50
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 08:01 PM   #757

Garage
First trip

Recently finished the first rev of my '14 Sprinter PH just in time for our mountain biking and beer trip. Here are a few build and camping pics.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4920.jpg   IMG_4947.jpg   IMG_4948.jpg   IMG_4986.jpg   IMG_5018.jpg  

IMG_5054.jpg  
Twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:02 PM   #758

Hey Twindaddy, my wife want's to go camping with you and check out that tap setup!
Old 03-30-2021, 09:29 PM   #759

Garage
The tap was my crowning achievement I put a 2.5 gallon keg under the sink and the beer is chilled via a small jockey box. We had plenty of cold beer, though did have to resort to the cans in the fridge on he morning of day 3. Next time I'll bring two kegs.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4982.jpg  
Twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:07 PM   #760

We think alike!
I just added a National luna 65. We dialed down a case of Pacificos 1 degree/day to find the perfect temperature. -12 as I recall and the beer would start to freeze over when you popped the top. -7 was the sweet spot

I can't seem to find a pic at the moment, I'll post something up tomorrow...