Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #21
Site Team

Re: Post your cool vids of trips or

Cool stuff, but that road is begging for two wheels instead of four.

As for the Lotus, ..., I like the trailer that it was hauled away on. I always thought that model Lotus was an acquired taste, and I haven't acquired that taste yet.

Now give me one of the modern Lotus Super 7's, and that would be a different story.

Herb

Old 06-24-2014, 08:48 AM   #22

Garage

Thanks for the report Shenrie !

After racing 19 years, I used to have a Lotus for ten years, it's the more rigid road car I ever had. The aluminum glued frame is incredible, a real race car for the road...
Hope the frame of that one is not bended because it's impossible to repair, you then have to change it and it's so expensive...

The guy with the best time was luky with the "extreme parallel parking"..!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #23

Garage

^^^ that one had a salvage title to begin with from a previous accident. owner had talked with person who repaired it the first time before the drivers meeting on sunday morning and said he was taking the car to him for evaluation to see if it was repairable. apparently all components are designed to break away so the actual tub/frame/chassis has a better chance of staying in tact. ill report back when i hear the end result.

typically we do have a few super 7's, or at the least a few replicas, but not this year. we did have a car similar to a super 7 with a s2k motor/tranny. dont recall how he did though. was too busy having heat stroke, lol.

those little elises are amazing cars, but good lord getting in and out of them is a pita...especially for a fatboy like myself, lol. i dont have the aquired taste either, but ive rode in quite a few of them and every one impressed me. my fav was the older one powered by the older itr motors, but the telsa version powered by batteries was the most impressive. no motor noise. all you can hear is the sound of adhesion from the tires. very different from the norm...

and i dunno bout doing the hill with 2 wheels. its a rough, rough old road. the guardrails are so burried, they are basically just jumps now, lol. there are crazies out there doing it though, but our insurance wont cover them.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #24

Garage

It's just an habitude to aquire to get in an out easily... ;-)

You're right, there is a crach box on front of Elise/Exige but if you hit something sideways, it often bends the frame in the front... Hope it won't be the case that time...

If ou know the Nordeschleife racetrack in Nurburgring Germany (a lap is 26 km or about 17.5 miles !), my Elise was under 8 minutes there... :-)
Old 06-25-2014, 06:42 AM   #25

Garage

im sure if i spent some time in one on a regular, id figure out an easy way in and out, but it would take some getting used to, hahaha.

not familiar with the ring other than on gran turismo, lol. its just not quite the same and im envyous youve done laps there

...a couple more pix.

this guy was from canada and just stopped by on sunday to do a shakedown run on his way to pikes peak.

local with an oldschool mini.

this little ripper had a 13b in it.

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 06-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #26

WOW....looks like fun thanks for the pics

Buck
Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
this little ripper had a 13b in it.
Been a long time since I heard someone say "13B". Thanks for the memories!

Even with the wings and tube chassis, did the Evo9 still beat his time?
Old 06-26-2014, 06:26 AM   #28

Garage

^^^ evo beat the wankel homebuild by just over 4 seconds. evo driver was in a borrowed car, and it was only his second time running the hill. young up and coming local driver...damn kids and thier high skillset, lol. he normally drives a s2k, but no rollbar = no drive on the hill, so he conned his buddy for a co-drive. not sure how many of you follow tires, but the evo was on the newer federal 140 treadwear race tires (lower end qualitywise). with real r-comps, he could have given the overall door slammer record a run for the money. i can post event results if anyone is interested.

and to be fair, the homebuild was on its maiden voyage. this was his first event with the car. i guarantee he will be faster next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographix
Been a long time since I heard someone say "13B". Thanks for the memories!
oh you bet! hopefully all good memories!!
Old 03-28-2017, 12:44 PM   #29

Garage
I love the internets...

would love to attend this gig, lol. crazy how level that van flew...

https://www.facebook.com/anarch4x4/v...5908265087581/