Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2020, 08:08 PM   #91

I have Ray's, driver swivel in my 06 with a Quigley unit, if the seat does not swivel I am planning on shorting the 4 X lever. Will know either way by end of next week. If interested PM me. Joe
As to heated seats, 45 years in construction have had them in very car & truck the past twenty years, getting them for the van, they run on low or high, with lower back issues this year on full time high. They completely reduce fatigue and help the blood flow.
The first time ever using them I drove 6 hours straight got out of the car and did not even feel like I was sitting an hour. Joe

Futrmbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:47 PM   #92

Garage
Ray sent me pics of the driver swiveling. I bought swivels for both seats and I got the seats today!!! I re-sat in them again at Toby’s to confirm non xxl. I’m still good. The xxl seems to only really help above your shoulders. The regular just feels perfect. So stoked. Now my gray siennas will be going up next.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #93

I'm looking forward to you guys posting your results while keeping my fingers crossed. If possible/not too much trouble, please report back with pics.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #94

Garage
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3720.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	34632

Name:	IMG_3719.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	34633
The money shot. So far so good. Now I’m forced to nuke the last of smb cabinets and finish my remodel. Driver seat won’t go back until I do.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:12 PM   #95

I have a 06 Quigley unit, Ray's swivel on stock seat, they would not come around, solution shortened transfer case shifter 2" works awesome.
Futrmbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:46 AM   #96

Thanks for the pics & info.

Funny, my back feels better just looking at them. My wallet is still a bit sore, but my back feels better...

Since I've got a couple of months to figure something out, I'm going to take the van to a metal fabricator and see what can be done with the 4x4 shift lever just incase. Although, I guess I won't really know how much modification I'll need until we try to get everything in place.

Once all that's done, I can start laying out the rest of interior.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:26 PM   #97

Garage

Name:	image-2020-07-25-11:24:15-457.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	34635
Yeah here goes nothing. Fridge and microwave out. It may take a day to get all those L brackets out. OMG I think SMB should be reminded that L brackets fall into the duct tape and bailing wire category. Hoping to have seat movement soon.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:45 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Yesterday I went ahead and ordered the Vario XXL-R driver's seat & the Vario-R passenger's seat, both heated. Because I went with the R, they will take 8-10 weeks to get here from Germany My wife should be picking herself up off the floor right about then...$$$...

In the mean time, I ordered the standard factory base for the driver's seat that MG posted the link to on E-Bay. Then I contacted Ray (1der) and ordered the swivel base for the passenger's seat. While talking with Ray, we discussed the possibility of using the swivel base for the driver's seat as well. I'd prefer the swivel base for the driver's seat, but have been told it won't work due to the proximity of the 4x4 shift lever. However, I can't find anyone who's actually tried it and had it not work.

So... My plan is to keep looking for someone who's done it, and if I can't find anyone, I'll go ahead and order the swivel base for the driver's seat. If it doesn't work, I'll have a swivel base to sell & I'll use the factory base. If it does work, I'll have a factory base to sell.

When it's all said & done, I'll have 4 gray Sienna seats with bases (swivel on the passenger seat) that are in excellent condition for sale. However, I do need to check with a couple of people on this forum who wanted them 2 years ago when I thought I'd be doing all this.

Is anything easy when it comes to these vans???
Congrats Glen! You're going to love them.
Tell us why you went with the R bottoms vs F bottoms.

Regarding the driver side seat contacting the t-case lever when swiveling the seat, you'd just need someone to custom fab a detachable(unscrewable) t-case lever, so that when you want to swivel the driver seat, you unscrew the tall lever from the base, swivel, then when the driver seat is back in drive mode, you simply screw the t-case lever back into the base.
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:48 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
Attachment 34635
Yeah here goes nothing. Fridge and microwave out. It may take a day to get all those L brackets out. OMG I think SMB should be reminded that L brackets fall into the duct tape and bailing wire category. Hoping to have seat movement soon.
Still surprising that their vans are so popular. If only more people saw/understood the cheap/elementary construction methods, they might demand a discount on the interior build cost. Horses for courses.
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:22 PM   #100

Garage
Looking for some installation help. On a E350 the bracket that holds the seat belt tensioner has 4 large holes on the side that is sandwiched between the origonal seat base and the new seat adapter the 4 holes dont line up with seat base. What am I not seeing? I tried Toby but he must be out this afternoon and we are leaving on a trip in the morning was hoping mama could have her new seat
snowgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote