Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2021, 11:38 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
The integrated belt seats that I've been in don't feel any different than the non-seatbelt seat of the same style. The integrated belt seats don't have the quick-release seat back latch for folding forward (like when you get out of the back seat of a 2-door) but they can still recline a bit with the adjuster knob. I'm not sure about lumbar and bolster adjustment options...It's been a long time since I spec'd any seats out, I can't remember what the option limitations are.
IIRC, all the standard options are available; 4way lumbar, kidney bolster adjustments, seat heater(back/butt). Toby from s-mUSA was even able to mix/match seat bottoms (ie F or R bottoms) with the integrated seatbelt "upper half." This says Touring, Traveler, or Vario (Traveler and Vario are pretty close, but Vario has lumbar and kidney adj) seat backs, no mention of F(flatter) or R(raise) seat bottoms though; Integrated Seatbelt
Best to check with s-mUSA.

Herb, as far as ways to quickly remove the seats from the floor, would you be adding any mobility-rated (ie from Cargo Equip Corp) L-track to the floor of the rig?

2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:39 AM   #112
Site Team

Not quite sure of how I would want a temporary seat installed. There aren't a lot of good options that don't involve me repeatedly stubbing my toe in the middle of the night.

For those of you with SM seats and a swivel base, is there room for the seat to swivel if you have a door-side arm rest?

Herb
Old 03-24-2021, 09:37 AM   #113

Vario Seat backs do adjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk216v View Post
IIRC, all the standard options are available; 4way lumbar, kidney bolster adjustments, seat heater(back/butt). Toby from s-mUSA was even able to mix/match seat bottoms (ie F or R bottoms) with the integrated seatbelt "upper half." This says Touring, Traveler, or Vario (Traveler and Vario are pretty close, but Vario has lumbar and kidney adj) seat backs, no mention of F(flatter) or R(raise) seat bottoms though; Integrated Seatbelt
Best to check with s-mUSA.

Herb, as far as ways to quickly remove the seats from the floor, would you be adding any mobility-rated (ie from Cargo Equip Corp) L-track to the floor of the rig?
Just received my Sheelman seats, yes the Vario, seat back does adjust, I choose the flatter seat bottoms as getting in and out of tall vans the taller ones get worn down, this is what Toby, recommended. BTW these seats are way better in person than in pictures.
Futrmbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:45 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Not quite sure of how I would want a temporary seat installed. There aren't a lot of good options that don't involve me repeatedly stubbing my toe in the middle of the night.

For those of you with SM seats and a swivel base, is there room for the seat to swivel if you have a door-side arm rest?

Herb
Are we talking rear seats still, or front seats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futrmbl View Post
Just received my Sheelman seats, yes the Vario, seat back does adjust, I choose the flatter seat bottoms as getting in and out of tall vans the taller ones get worn down, this is what Toby, recommended. BTW these seats are way better in person than in pictures.
Awesome!
F or R seat bottom all depends on your body shape/size/frame. I'm very thin so I felt the F's had WAY too much room for me to move around in, I didn't feel snug in the seat. With R's, I feel coddled in the seat, like a performance sports car. That's what I've been used to for a long time (German sports seats), what I prefer, YMMV.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:29 AM   #115
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk216v View Post
Are we talking rear seats still, or front seats?
Sorry. Front passenger seat.

Herb
Old 03-28-2021, 11:28 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Sorry. Front passenger seat.

Herb
Not very easy to swivel with a door-side armrest (but that armrest will most likely rub on the van's door panel armrest). With just an inner armrest. it's not too bad to swivel the front seat.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:55 AM   #117

Hello. I bought a set of seats and they came with a bracket without instructions. Can you help me out? I am new to the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
2C702EE7-6EFB-4155-A31C-0335405B7536.jpg  
Hammerhead4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:50 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead4x4 View Post
Hello. I bought a set of seats and they came with a bracket without instructions. Can you help me out? I am new to the forum.
send me your contact info via PM.

Is this for a Sprinter? Did you buy directly from Scheel-Mann or another dealer? New or used? Is everything you got in the box shown in the picture? I see a hodge-podge of adapters (different sizes) with both later generation design and earlier generation design. Where did these come from and what was the approximate timeframe for when these were originally purchased?
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:36 PM   #119

Thinking about installing Scheel Man seats in our van. It's a 2008 E-350 with a Sportsmobile swivel on the passenger side, so no problem there. But, on the driver side it has an electric base that moves up, down, back and forward, etc. I would really like to keep the electric base. Does anyone have a way to do that? I talked with Toby at Scheel Man USA and he didn't really have a good answer. Thanks.
Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:39 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_382 View Post
Thinking about installing Scheel Man seats in our van. It's a 2008 E-350 with a Sportsmobile swivel on the passenger side, so no problem there. But, on the driver side it has an electric base that moves up, down, back and forward, etc. I would really like to keep the electric base. Does anyone have a way to do that? I talked with Toby at Scheel Man USA and he didn't really have a good answer. Thanks.
Got home from Overland Expo East yesterday. Beyond pictures I saw and sat in the Scheel-Mann Vario for the first time. This Big Rig had them and I sat in them for 5-10 minutes as well as a vendor had a pair of Varios in his booth. Fit and Finish was what you would expect for the price...Very nice!
To your question, I can understand wanting the electric adjustment as it is easy/quick but the Vario was fully adjustable, just manually, with an array of knobs. I think you could make the argument that the manual adjustments make very minor adjustments possible that electric doesn't offer. I seized the opportunity and played with them all. I'm sure you can get the adjustment you want just manually. I sure want a pair as well!!
Attached Thumbnails
Overland Big Rig.jpg  
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote