Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Yeah I think Toby would enjoy SMB.

Following up my own conversation I mentioned I'd basically found out about Sheel-Mann from MG's posts and that it was on this forum.

While I'm sure there are lots of other forums relating to adventure-type or off roading vehicles he could visit and frequent by comparison this one is almost calming and comforting.

Can't say that about a lot of forums regardless what focus it has.
Agreed with you all around.

2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:22 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
MG, Is this the model you suggest based on having them?
What's your/co-driver's height, weight(body type)?
Old 05-01-2020, 11:35 AM   #43

This is a tough question to answer. I think best seat for my body type and personal preferences is the VarioF XXL. I have the VarioF in the Cummins van and I love it but if I had the extended height seat back of the XXL, I'd be in heaven.

I also really like the Touring and Traveler models because the bolsters aren't quite as pronounced as the Vario and, at least in my Transit, that helps getting in and out of it.

A lot of this is subjective though. You're welcome to stop by and sit in each seat I have in our vehicles. Toby also has a showroom with several models you can sit in.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #44

Being 6' and thin, I love my VarioR's; the R's have more pronounced thigh cushions which don't drop off so quickly towards the front of the seat, which help snug me in my seat better than an F would (R for raised, F for flat).

If I was over 6', then I'd want the VarioR XXL; XXL gets you 3" taller seat back for proper support for taller upper bodies.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM   #45

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk216v View Post
What's your/co-driver's height, weight(body type)?
I'm 6'4" and 190. I have siennas now and like MG has said before the memory foam effect turns them into cement. Where is Toby's showroom?
Old 05-03-2020, 05:16 AM   #46
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
Where is Toby's showroom?
During my conversation with Toby I don't think they keep a showroom per se, I believe they (once upon a time) exhibited at trade shows or expos, he did say he now drives a Transit that receives new seats from time-to-time as a demonstrator vehicle perhaps?

I did a search for Sheel-Mann seats and found a few sellers who claimed to have them in stock, ready to ship out. I got the impression these were brick-n-mortar stores that might have them on display---I didn't research those any further as most all were just too far away to suit my preferences, not conducive to a one day and back viewing trip.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:43 AM   #47

It's sort of a showroom... More like a warehouse with a small office full of seats. Located in North Portland.

JWA...did you miss the post I had earlier? (post #32) A friend of mine near you has Scheel-Mann seats in a couple vehicles. He's in Richmond, KY
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:32 AM   #48
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
JWA...did you miss the post I had earlier? (post #32) A friend of mine near you has Scheel-Mann seats in a couple vehicles. He's in Richmond, KY
Dammit---I sure did miss that MG---what a dolt. Richmond KY is about a 3.5 hour drive but since I already make day trips to Independence KY for a few customers near there it would be easy to swing further south to check these out.

If you're able to put us in contact I'd be highly appreciative MG--definitely PM please.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Dammit---I sure did miss that MG---what a dolt. Richmond KY is about a 3.5 hour drive but since I already make day trips to Independence KY for a few customers near there it would be easy to swing further south to check these out.

If you're able to put us in contact I'd be highly appreciative MG--definitely PM please.
I was wondering too JW- I’d be interested but I guess it’d be a work trip for you. Plus I’ve heard some of your stories...4 hours of that, hmmm 🐒
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:05 AM   #50
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
I was wondering too JW- I’d be interested but I guess it’d be a work trip for you. Plus I’ve heard some of your stories...4 hours of that, hmmm ��
Hmmmmmm my hubris thanks you for the compliment---but my paranoia wonders if that's a dig? (BTW that trip would be about 8 hours?! )

Well if I make that trip any work would be done is less than an hour, company always welcome if my stories wouldn't bore you to tears.

I've reached out to MG's friend just now and will see about a visit at their convenience.

All aboard?