Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2020, 02:00 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk216v View Post
I'll post comparison pics of F vs R on Monday, as currently Toby doesn't have anything on the s-m site to show this difference.
R thigh bolsters (my gray seat; VarioR; notice the knob in front of seat for adjusting roll-out center seat bottom cushion)
F thigh bolsters (brown seat; TouringF)

R for raised, F for flat; easiest way to remember it.

Notice how the R's are tall all the way to the front edge of seat bottom. F's "fall off" before the front edge of the seat bottom.

Also added a pic of VarioF-XXL (driver) and VarioF-nonXXL (pass). Notice the 3" taller driver side seat back, for those over ~6' or so.

Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
A211(S211)Leatherette-Vario-Rbottom_IMG_4636.jpg   A342Leatherette-S158Cloth1-Touring-Fbottom.jpg   NV200-VarioF&VarioFXXL-S111-LR02_DSC_0196.jpg  

2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:53 AM   #82

The pictures are super helpful... Thx

Toby was very helpful as well. It looks like I'll have a chance to sit in the Vario in about a week. At least I'll be able to decide from there if the back is tall enough, or if the Vario XXL would be better.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:59 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
The pictures are super helpful... Thx

Toby was very helpful as well. It looks like I'll have a chance to sit in the Vario in about a week. At least I'll be able to decide from there if the back is tall enough, or if the Vario XXL would be better.
Happy to help! These seats rock--they deserve the accolades.
Let us know what you decide.
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:43 PM   #84

I'm curious about the heated seats... I have never sat in a heated seat and have never felt the need to have a heated seat. Living in So. Cal. & doing a majority of my traveling to Baja & to the desert, I just never felt like the extra cost was worth it.

Does anyone use the heated seat just for lower back comfort? Do they get hot enough to provide that kind of therapy? Did anyone get them and find they don't really need/use them?

Thx...
Old 07-17-2020, 02:41 PM   #85

I just found out that I need the stock factory seat base for the driver's seat & the stock Econoline swivel base for the passenger seat. Everyone's doing Sprinters these days and they no longer carry the seat bases. Even Toby doesn't carry them. Anyone know where I can get them locally here in So. Cal.?

Thx
Old 07-17-2020, 03:36 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
I just found out that I need the stock factory seat base for the driver's seat & the stock Econoline swivel base for the passenger seat. Everyone's doing Sprinters these days and they no longer carry the seat bases. Even Toby doesn't carry them. Anyone know where I can get them locally here in So. Cal.?

Thx
Ebay or a pick n pull yard. Also, the swivel bases that 1der sells will work with the Scheel-Mann adapters.

Driver side available on Ebay

I have a couple passenger side stock bases here at the shop. Pay the shipping and you can have one
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:09 PM   #87

Thanks for the info. & the offer Michael,

My wife loves her swivel seat, so I'll check with Ray.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:14 PM   #88

As far as heated seats go, I use them ALL the time in my car for lower back therapy—assuming the heat goes in the back as well as seat. If possible will never buy another vehicle without heated seats as they are also awesome in the winter (and if you really want to get spoiled get a heated steering wheel which is coming in even more handy—so to speak—as I am starting to get what I fear is a little arthritis in my paws). Have been following this S-M seat thread as that will be our next project after we get our stereo replacement sorted out and dynamat under the doghouse.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:38 PM   #89

Angry

Yesterday I went ahead and ordered the Vario XXL-R driver's seat & the Vario-R passenger's seat, both heated. Because I went with the R, they will take 8-10 weeks to get here from Germany My wife should be picking herself up off the floor right about then...$$$...

In the mean time, I ordered the standard factory base for the driver's seat that MG posted the link to on E-Bay. Then I contacted Ray (1der) and ordered the swivel base for the passenger's seat. While talking with Ray, we discussed the possibility of using the swivel base for the driver's seat as well. I'd prefer the swivel base for the driver's seat, but have been told it won't work due to the proximity of the 4x4 shift lever. However, I can't find anyone who's actually tried it and had it not work.

So... My plan is to keep looking for someone who's done it, and if I can't find anyone, I'll go ahead and order the swivel base for the driver's seat. If it doesn't work, I'll have a swivel base to sell & I'll use the factory base. If it does work, I'll have a factory base to sell.

When it's all said & done, I'll have 4 gray Sienna seats with bases (swivel on the passenger seat) that are in excellent condition for sale. However, I do need to check with a couple of people on this forum who wanted them 2 years ago when I thought I'd be doing all this.

Is anything easy when it comes to these vans???
Old 07-22-2020, 06:52 PM   #90

Im still interested in the sienna seat bases if the people ahead of me dont need them. My email is RVrick@protonmail.com

Oh i just realized your selling them with seats, i dont need more seats.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote