Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #41

Re: Sheriffdoug's Sportsmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffdoug
Aussie Rules, is a game were you either kick the ball or hand pass to another player in your team,
to score goals. This is a contact sport, you can mark the ball in the air and run with it or mark your ground, every body gets a kick.
Also known as "aerial ping pong" by those from the state where rugby is played.

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:44 AM   #42

Garage

Hello,

Head for Perth Airport in 3.5 hrs, got to be there an hour before the domestic connection
flight to Sydney.

Hope I can meet some of you very helpful people, from this great Forum.

Cheers, Doug.
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:46 AM   #43

Sounds good Doug.....

Please post your travels once you get stateside; I'm heading to Moab UT next week, so if you are in that area let me know. Otherwise, there are quite a number of us in So Cal.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:05 PM   #44

Sheriffdoug's Sportsmobile

Hey Doug, where are you at the moment? We are in Fresno right now, visiting friends. We just drove in from Pennsylvania and got here last night (Sunday).
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:10 PM   #45

Nice to meet you at the rally. Safe travels....
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #46

Garage

G'day.
Was at NW Overland Rally, Plain, WA, had a great 4 days watching events, talking to vendors and meeting the 15 or more SMB owners in attendance and Alan Feld and the owner of Aluminess and wives. Alan told me a couple of XXX rated jokes. Interesting interaction of 4WD & Trail Bikers. Once again great time had.

Currently in Ashton, Idaho, next stop, the backwaters of Yellowstone, with a retired Police Officer/Ranger friend of mine, away from the crowds.

Sorry I have been neglectful, learning all about my SMB. Really happy with build and the way it performs with the 6.0.
Despite the temperatures, gauge never moves past half way, even up long winding hills with steep gradiants. I check all fluids daily.
Called through TitanFuel Tanks, Idaho Falls, picked up 30 gallon rear tire area Tank, they partially installed tank, and tomorrow here in Ashton, ID, a welder is cutting tire carrier to shape so tank will sit 4 inches higher, however, I will loose rear ground clearance.
I am leaving final hookup till after vehicle is licensed in Sth Dakoda next week.
Fuel fill will probably be external to the body, making like a 4 sided platform for fill to sit in, protected by the rear Aluminess bumper. Will submit pictures when all installed.
Today made four small planks out of 8ft piece by 1.5 inche Oregan board, for levelling. Board $11 including cuts.
Have mounted two behind Aluminess Box and two 17.5inch pices inside box.
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:17 AM   #47

Garage

SMB at Salt Lake City, July, 2015

Vehicle currently at Zylstra Automotive, Visalia, CA for Asheville Eng longblock install.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:59 AM   #48

What was wrong with the engine?

Old 10-05-2015, 08:08 AM   #49

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANZAC
Nothing, except 264,000 miles. No smoke, started perfectly every time. But I'm in Australia and decided to have long engine rebuild, paint engine bay, all aluminium radiator, Nations 200amp alternator, & other. Vehicle will be new when finished.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffdoug
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANZAC
Nothing, except 264,000 miles. No smoke, started perfectly every time. But I'm in Australia and decided to have long engine rebuild, paint engine bay, all aluminium radiator, Nations 200amp alternator, & other. Vehicle will be new when finished.
Whoa, that's a lot of miles!