Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #1

The fun starts.

Just bought 2005 Silver E350 V10. Like new in & out. One owner, higher miles but rural freeway miles. Factory tow package never used. Will be driving it down to Sportsmobile West for the penthouse top w/ bed and probably a couple of the 30X15 sliders. Got wife to go for the bare build idea as long as I stayed away with my sawzall. Inside will be fun to do homebrew. Probably build simple kitchen unit like a company in Ireland sells. greendogconversions click 'kitchen pod'. Kitchen unit will be removable with HD quick release fittings. We go off asphalt but not offroad.

Years ago we owned used 1974VW camper Sportsmobile conv. and 1985VW Westfalia so we'll keep this one as simple as those inside.

This forum was a big help in my decision and will be for the interior buildout. Thanks!

BTW Spent a large amount of time and energy the last three months trying to buy used Sportsmobile unit in the $40,000 range. Excellent 30 yr. FICO credit history but our bank and two credit unions went catatonic @ mention of loan for RV brand they'd never heard of from an out of state private party. They were all happy to RV loan big bucks if RV new and from in state dealer. Got tired of the hassle, so bought this unit for cash and will do same for the improvements.' Van+Sportsmobile top+new Michilens, will still total under $15,000. Sportsmobile will earn more revenue from us now than their commish from used unit sale!
Attached Thumbnails
8734685_max van.jpg  

hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
Site Team

Re: The fun starts.

Welcome aboard!
Be sure to post photos of your improvements. Some of us are always looking for new ideas to steal... I mean praise. Yeah that's what I mean. Praise.

Dave

Once I exit Hal, this is what I do.
https://larry.wvnet.edu/~van/pics/lic...late-small.jpg
WWW.WVBIKE.ORG
WVvan is offline   Reply With Quote