Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2016, 11:19 AM   #11

So after a few years of having plastidip on the rear bumper it was pealing pretty badly on the plastic panel but holding up pretty well on the chrome.
I started wondering about ripping the plastic trim off and rhino lining the entire bumper. I figured seeing the open mounting slots would be better than seeing a big beat up piece of plastic. Off we go...

While I was digging in to it there were a few mods that I have been wanting to tackle for a while:

Install trailer light socket inside the bumper to keep it protected.

I always wanted a fold out step on there, few more holes and that was in.

Needed to relocate the license plate so it can seen when there's something in the aluminess box.

Mount the back up cam permanently to the bumper rather than stuck on.

Led light mounts for the plate to keep it lit at night.

I tracked down some flush mount backup lights got out the angle grinder and in they went.

After all that the spray on truck bed liner.

I think it came out great, looks a lot better than it did and is way more functional.

Skyl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:59 PM   #12

Garage
Looks great, does Aluminess still offer the passengers side swing arm like that without the whole bumper? I can't find it on their site so I don't know if its something they don't do anymore or if you just have to ask for it. While I would love the whole bumper it is pricey. Did you just coat it with Raptor liner? It looks pretty smooth for a truck bed liner.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 05:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
Looks great, does Aluminess still offer the passengers side swing arm like that without the whole bumper? I can't find it on their site so I don't know if its something they don't do anymore or if you just have to ask for it.
It's a special order. They make them in batches when they have a few orders.

Call em.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:12 PM   #14
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Looks great, does Aluminess still offer the passengers side swing arm like that without the whole bumper? I can't find it on their site so I don't know if its something they don't do anymore or if you just have to ask for it. While I would love the whole bumper it is pricey. Did you just coat it with Raptor liner? It looks pretty smooth for a truck bed liner.
Not to high jack the thread. You could always buy mine, I upgraded to a larger one that is taller and can carry 3 bikes. Send me a PM if interested. I also have a spare tire carrier too.
Attached Thumbnails
MCSporty rear.jpg  
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:52 PM   #15

Quote:

Just used 1 can of the Rustoleum bed liner, picked it up at lowes.

I snagged that passenger box off CL a while back. I was in the same boat, hard to justify the dollars on a full bumper. Pretty happy with this set up tho.
Skyl330 is offline   Reply With Quote