Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2022, 10:31 AM   #1

UJOR 4x4 Offroading

Had the opportunity to take our 2013 E350 w/ UJOR 4x4 conversion on some mild jeep trails this past weekend at Spider Lake OHV in Minnesota. Didn't even come close to finding the clearance/articulation limits of the van, but the low/tight tree cover did mean we earned quite a few pinstripes. Overall was very pleased with how the van performed.

Caught some incredulous stares from the people on ATVs/Jeeps. Most were pretty stoked to see such a big rig out there and got lots of thumbs ups and smiles.

https://youtu.be/Kgjqr_1U8Zw
https://youtu.be/gxftJYZdOv4
https://youtu.be/TA32Bz6vbbU
https://youtu.be/Euglsrv8Xx8

motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:00 AM   #2

Very cool! I’m always happy to see vans offroading in videos. You find a lot of videos about 4x4/ offroading vans, but typically it’s a walkthrough and not in action!

Thanks for showing/ sharing!
E-350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 12:30 AM   #3
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
THANK YOU!! Trip pics used to be the mainstay on here getting to see SMB/Rigs out there doing what they were meant to do...have fun in areas where most don't ever get to see! Great motivator for future planning trips as well. Love to see more of the region/camp time pics!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:42 AM   #4

Hey, that's not too far from where I am in Garrison now. Did some mountain biking at Cuyuna Lakes yesterday which was a blast. The humidity is a killer right now though.

Thanks for posting. I was shocked to find that there are fun mtn bike trails in MN and now I know there is 4wheeling opportunities too.

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:47 AM   #5

Glad to hear the positive feedback, everyone! One more shot of our campsite:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpvi View Post
Hey, that's not too far from where I am in Garrison now. Did some mountain biking at Cuyuna Lakes yesterday which was a blast. The humidity is a killer right now though.

Thanks for posting. I was shocked to find that there are fun mtn bike trails in MN and now I know there is 4wheeling opportunities too.
Yes it's impressive what they are able to do with what little elevation change we have around here Cuyuna is great, and you should try to hit up Spirit Mountain and Tioga as well. And of course great wheeling/MTB-ing in the UP, if you're headed that way.

And if you are headed south towards the Twin Cities, there are tons of fun MTB trails within city limits as well.

Oh and look up Iron Range OHV - another place you can check out to stretch your SMB's legs. I haven't been there yet but it's on the list.
Old 07-19-2022, 08:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Yes it's impressive what they are able to do with what little elevation change we have around here Cuyuna is great
Agreed. Super fun flowing trails with some great banked turns in places and all without lung bursting climbs I'm used to out west. But the humidity! I'm from the land of droughts and wild fires. I'm not used to all this greenery and humidity. Sure is pretty!

I may try some of the others you mention next trip to the family lake house but we are starting to head west the end of this week. If you ride maybe I'll hit you up next time.

Not intending to hijack your thread but some pics from my ride.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20220718_123654128.jpg   PXL_20220718_124818680.jpg  

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpvi View Post
Agreed. Super fun flowing trails with some great banked turns in places and all without lung bursting climbs I'm used to out west. But the humidity! I'm from the land of droughts and wild fires. I'm not used to all this greenery and humidity. Sure is pretty!

I may try some of the others you mention next trip to the family lake house but we are starting to head west the end of this week. If you ride maybe I'll hit you up next time.

Not intending to hijack your thread but some pics from my ride.
Beautiful pictures!

I'm originally from the Bay Area so I'm also not used to the humidity, but the green certainly is nice! Been about a year here so far and I've loved every moment of it.

I definitely ride so I would love to meet up next time you're around. I'll shoot you a message to trade contact info.
Old 07-20-2022, 12:15 PM   #8

Pinstripes? That white color doesn't show pinstripes! THIS is what real pinstripes look like...means we are really enjoying our vans!
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040643r.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	44778
Old 07-20-2022, 12:28 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deserteagle56 View Post
Pinstripes? That white color doesn't show pinstripes! THIS is what real pinstripes look like...means we are really enjoying our vans!
Attachment 44778
You WIN deserteagle56 - I bow to the man that wears those proudly!