Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2021, 01:38 PM   #11

Great photos! We went to West Yellowstone Christmas week. No van unfortunately. I took my Jeep on that trip. We saw lots of Buffalo and a coyote but struck out on other wildlife.

rltilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:20 PM   #12
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Great pictures AND TRIP REPORT!!! The Forum gets so much MORE how do I fix this or that, look at my build/thing I made, how do I ....I LOVE Trip Reports and they seemed so much more prevalent in the "old days" of the Forum...I am guilty of not posting Trip pics etc...I don't know why, but I am going to have to start again...Trip Reports are the lifeblood of planning our NEXT adventure. Members are always so good at enticing (through Trip Reports) us to go where they had such a good time, saw beautiful places, and USED their SMB..."That's the good stuff!"

Ps Thank goodness for Forum members b/c they have answered and saved me so much time and money....I just like pictures?
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:32 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
Great pictures AND TRIP REPORT!!! ...Trip Reports are the lifeblood of planning our NEXT adventure. Members are always so good at enticing (through Trip Reports) us to go where they had such a good time, saw beautiful places, and USED their SMB..."That's the good stuff!"

Ps ...I just like pictures?
Well said - I agree with every word, especially the last four!

On top of that , I find myself impressed with the quality of some of the Pic's that many members here manage to take & share.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:58 PM   #14

Beautiful photos! Since dh is not a cold weather person we will probably never do this, so thanks for letting me glimpse what I am missing
chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltilley View Post
Great photos! We went to West Yellowstone Christmas week. No van unfortunately. I took my Jeep on that trip. We saw lots of Buffalo and a coyote but struck out on other wildlife.

Thanks rltilley, good hear from you again!
From West Yellowstone you have the best access to geysers etc, but you pretty much depend on a snow coach or snowmobile to enter the park. North entrance has more opportunities to do your own thing. Experience also helps you locate wildlife; we have been coming here very regularly for 2 decades...
Marcel Huijser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:22 PM   #16

Much appreciated!
I agree. We need both:
1. Technical info/advice/ideas
2. Show that using the van is fun and that one should go out as often as possible... that is why we have these machines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
Great pictures AND TRIP REPORT!!! The Forum gets so much MORE how do I fix this or that, look at my build/thing I made, how do I ....I LOVE Trip Reports and they seemed so much more prevalent in the "old days" of the Forum...I am guilty of not posting Trip pics etc...I don't know why, but I am going to have to start again...Trip Reports are the lifeblood of planning our NEXT adventure. Members are always so good at enticing (through Trip Reports) us to go where they had such a good time, saw beautiful places, and USED their SMB..."That's the good stuff!"

Ps Thank goodness for Forum members b/c they have answered and saved me so much time and money....I just like pictures?
Old 01-15-2021, 06:27 PM   #17

Some more images
Attached Thumbnails
_DSC8402 Near full moon, Wyoming-2.jpg   _DSC8769 Sunrise, Wyoming-2.jpg   _DSC7103 Red fox (Vulpes vulpes), Wyoming, USA-2.jpg   _DSC7328 Gray wolf, near Soda Butte, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA-2.jpg   _DSC7713 American moose (Alces americanus)  bulls, Wyoming, USA-2.jpg  

_DSC7592 American moose (Alces americanus) bulls and a cow, Wyoming, USA-2.jpg  

Tags
cold, snow, winter