Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #1

Garage
Wyoming Adventures

We just got back from out Wyoming trip and had a great time - I LOVE my SMB.

This is the first time my wife and I have done any camping in the SMB. She's only camped with me 1 night before this 2+ week trip and it went very well. We used the coach furnace several times, once above 10,000 feet. It worked flawlessly and was very much appreciated as the temps got down to the lower 20's (and below) a few times.

I have more pictures and the story in my BLOG.
Attached Thumbnails
3ED83134-501E-49F4-9333-3B74E1DFA721.jpg   EFDDBEE5-2532-40D2-A011-77D956AE9617_1_100_o.jpg   8B4A730D-2A6B-4839-A0EC-9CE73CB5FA17_1_201_a.jpg   F983041C-95C0-45BC-9480-4FC72FAC1978_1_201_a.jpg   C6025762-DF28-4F16-B7F8-37E59814DE40_1_201_a.jpg  

Old 09-24-2020, 03:24 PM   #2

Garage
Those heaters in the Van make all the difference, don't they!
My wife was somewhat skeptical going into our first trip (we had done a lot of camping though)...now she cant get enough.
Your enthusiasm shows right now, It only gets better from here.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:27 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Those heaters in the Van make all the difference, don't they!
My wife was somewhat skeptical going into our first trip (we had done a lot of camping though)...now she cant get enough.
Your enthusiasm shows right now, It only gets better from here.
YES! The only thing I could have done better is put her bra in front of the furnace outlet to get her out of bed a little sooner.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #4

Garage
Wow, from a single night to a two week journey, that's certainly jumping in with both feet. Looks like you had a great trip! Interestingly enough, my wife and I are about to depart on our own two week outing (ID, WA, OR) and TBO I'm a little nervous. We've had it out for numerous shorter excursions with her and the doggo, but I'm just not sure if we're gonna be able to fit all her clothes and shoes...
Old 09-24-2020, 05:46 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
...but I'm just not sure if we're gonna be able to fit all her clothes and shoes...
Ha, Ha...Initially my wife had 2 large duffel bags, a smaller bag, closet space, and her "travel" bag (lots of pockets on it). After the first two outings, together we went through and removed all the items she never wore or used (amounting to about 1/2 of what she brought) ...think that was the turning point.
To be fair, I was always sympathetic to her needs & offered the use of the trashoo for anything that didn't fit in the 2 "agreed" bags, although it doesn't make a difference anymore - she now packs lighter than I do!
Old 09-24-2020, 07:09 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
but I'm just not sure if we're gonna be able to fit all her clothes and shoes...
I hear you. My wife is NOT a clothes hound, but traveling from SW Missouri to the mountains of Wyoming, we experienced a 50F temperature drop within the first 24 hours. You have to bring a lot of clothes.

We put our rain coats, fleece and puffier in the hanging wardrobe. We put the rest (socks, underclothes, shirts and sweatshirts) in Eagle Creek Luggage organizers stored in the sliding wardrobe. I had the top shelf, my wife had the middle shelf, and we put towels and bottled water in the bottom. It seemed to work, but you have to be very judicious. It helps if you've backpacked because that helps you pare down.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:20 PM   #7

Quote:
and TBO I'm a little nervous.
My wife and I regularly go out for a week or two. The key is to split the driving and stay at each camp for at least a day. Otherwise it just becomes a bunch of driving... which will wear both of you down. We try to limit ourselves to six hours drive time a day too. The time sails by in WY... Whoa
TRAVRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #8

Look this might be the place:
Heading to Jackson Wyoming (western).
Seeking small stream fish, dispersed camping BRIDGER-TETON NF & SHOSHONE NF.
Any info appreciated......2003 E350 4X4 7.3 SMB
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 02:36 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE View Post
Look this might be the place:
Heading to Jackson Wyoming (western).
Seeking small stream fish, dispersed camping BRIDGER-TETON NF & SHOSHONE NF.
Any info appreciated......2003 E350 4X4 7.3 SMB
I saw quite a few people fishing the Green River where we were in the above pictures. Link HERE.

When we were in the Bridger-Teton NF, there were some folks up there fishing. Take FR300 (Louis Lake Road).

lso, there are fly fishing shops in Pinedale and Lander. You might give them a call.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:07 PM   #10

Thank you Terry......
I will stop and ask about the area...I have wonderful thing about that part of the world.
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote