Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #1

1st ANNUAL SMBSoCal JULY 4TH Family RALLY,WHO WANTS TO HELP?

2 DAYS OF FUN? KIDS are welcome! July 4th is on a Friday, so we could start gathering then (early bird SMBers) and then on the 5th (Sat) we could all head out for some local fun spot. The way we did it with our BBird rallys was EVERYONE WAS INVITED, SMB owners or people interested in
SMBs even if they presently had another type of RV/camper or even a tent!

I live in Long Beach, CA we could gather nearby, (beach area) or somewhere closer to trails we may want to blaze, lets go somewhere that 2WD and 4x4's can enjoy together, we may borrow some Quads or ? for the weekend. I will need help from you SCal members as I have not done this yet.

We could have a "pot luck" dinner Fri/Sat night?
A campfire would be awsome..not sure where this would be allowed
I may offer to have a family type pool party one night depending on #'s,
I could contact some campgrounds or state beach parks (Leo Carrillo?)nearby if we get a bigger response.

If I don't hear back from anyone in the next 15 minutes, then its no deal..lol Anyone want to have one sooner than July 4.5.6?
Any suggestions you make will commit you to helping out, ok?

2002 Dodge 2500 5.2, PH, center aisle, 2cf Refrigerator, Starcool A/C, Propane Furnace, 110V Water Heater, Microwave, Inverter, Van Radio Switch, Battery Monitor, Under-floor Storage, Trailer Receiver Hitch, mud flaps, PPotti...New Geaux Tiger Bus! On order new CA Lic plates..LSU1TGR.......yahooooo!.com
Tigersmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #2

I can't make July 4, but if we plan something in June I can be there. I would even help with the planning if that would make it happen. There seem to be a number of folks from Northern and Southern California here so if we planned something between the two that might get the biggest crowd.

Dave
dkrahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #3

Don't y'all SoCaler's already get together in each other's back yards every other weekend already?
Old 02-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to lowracer
How about...

[ducks]

...Death Valley?
Old 02-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #5

I'm so bummed I missed the Death Rally, I definitely am looking for another chance to meet up. Unfortunately, the 7/4 is always a bad weekend for me to get out, as I host a block party every year in my neighborhood.

Another destination option could be Joshua tree, that's on -my- list of socal destinations.
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buji
I'm so bummed I missed the Death Rally, I definitely am looking for another chance to meet up. Unfortunately, the 7/4 is always a bad weekend for me to get out, as I host a block party every year in my neighborhood.

Another destination option could be Joshua tree, that's on -my- list of socal destinations.
Buji,

Your neighborhood is now wherever you park your SMB.

Herb
Old 02-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to lowracer
I was just joking about Death Valley in July. Isn't it like 150 degrees in the shade there? And there's no shade. Not even the starcool could keep up with that.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #8

Garage
Great idea. Bad time for me. I never travel on holiday weekends. It's insane.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #9

OK SMBERS..good point, New SOLVANG idea to meet May 1-2nd?

I hate to drive on holiday weekends also, does anyone want to try and meet in
SOLVANG/Santa Barbara area on Friday May 2nd and/or Sat 3rd?
It should be a nice weekend holiday...I do not know where, I tried to call the State parks to ask about a group reservation..gave up quick!

Are we going to find beach day parking or ? Boon/WallM docking?

This idea is to try and get some N Calif participation, does anyone live there that could call a city park, church or ?

PS I will be camping with another group at Leo Carrillo State beach on March 1-2nd/08, in case you want to say hello! We could meet then if their is more space at that campground? TTown alumni group SCTTAA

I'm out of ideas, does this help?
2002 Dodge 2500 5.2, PH, center aisle, 2cf Refrigerator, Starcool A/C, Propane Furnace, 110V Water Heater, Microwave, Inverter, Van Radio Switch, Battery Monitor, Under-floor Storage, Trailer Receiver Hitch, mud flaps, PPotti...New Geaux Tiger Bus! On order new CA Lic plates..LSU1TGR.......yahooooo!.com
Tigersmb is offline   Reply With Quote