Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #21

Re: 2014 BAJA Sojourn - "The best-laid plans..."

REF- the flashlights is good idea. We usually soda pops

Old 02-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #22

Hello everyone, my friend Mark suggested I post here to let you know about my upcoming Baja mega-adventure, and to beg for a ride. Mark has a really nice tan Sportsmobile with the 7.3 L engine. We have taken it to Baja several times, but he can't come this time.

OK, basically I'm going to ride my bike and packraft through the desert north of Bay of LA for a couple weeks and I need a ride down to that vicinity. I have a long trip report of it over at Baja Nomad forum:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread. ... 46&page=14

I would have my fatbike, my bike trailer, and my gear which all goes on my bike, so it's not that much stuff. Plus 30 L of water in 1.5 L plastic bottles. I would ask to get dropped off somewhere along the BoLA road, or barring that at the junction with Highway 1, or barring that, anywhere south of San Felipe! I'll help with the gas and other expenses, and I can drive too!

Thanks in advance to anyone who might spare some space for me. If you give me a ride (from LA or San Diego) you can be part of my movie!
MarkBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #23

Hey Mark, you might try posting in the main thread "Get ready to to get your Baja on" a few threads up from this one...

Hi everyone, if anyone would like a seasoned Baja Explorer along for the ride, Mark can help guide you through the boarder regions and down south to Bahia de Los Angeles. We've been down exploring this region for years. Mark's a really interesting laid-back Canadian who's great to have along on a road trip like this. I believe he's only looking for transportation down and will make his own arrangements for the trip back.

Mark, link to your blog so people can get a sense of who you are. Lots of beautiful photos of the Great White North!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBC
Hello everyone, my friend Mark suggested I post here to let you know about my upcoming Baja mega-adventure, and to beg for a ride. Mark has a really nice tan Sportsmobile with the 7.3 L engine. We have taken it to Baja several times, but he can't come this time.

OK, basically I'm going to ride my bike and packraft through the desert north of Bay of LA for a couple weeks and I need a ride down to that vicinity. I have a long trip report of it over at Baja Nomad forum:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread. ... 46&page=14

I would have my fatbike, my bike trailer, and my gear which all goes on my bike, so it's not that much stuff. Plus 30 L of water in 1.5 L plastic bottles. I would ask to get dropped off somewhere along the BoLA road, or barring that at the junction with Highway 1, or barring that, anywhere south of San Felipe! I'll help with the gas and other expenses, and I can drive too!

Thanks in advance to anyone who might spare some space for me. If you give me a ride (from LA or San Diego) you can be part of my movie!
Old 02-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
02/27/2014 - Thursday:

The adventure begins!!!!

We will all meet up in the mid-morning between 10 and 11am in the Rancho San Diego area off Hwy 94: HERE.

We will be in the parking lot between the Carl's Jr and the Mobile Gas Station. There is a Target, Albetson's and other stores for your last minute needs.

We will head for the Tecate Border Crossing at 11am, cross the border, get our Tourist Cards and head out on the Hwy 2 Toll Road towards Mexicali and then south on Hwy 5 to San Felipe.

Anyone wanting to cross at Mexicali can meetup with us at the new PEMEX Station by Eldorado Ranch, just north of San Felipe between 4 and 5pm: PEMEX

We will be camping on the beach at "El Pescador" owned by Juan Quinonez and family. It is North of San Felipe. Jan is working up a map that I will post later.

Late comers and people catching up with us later will have no problem finding the camp - we will be there Thursday and Friday night, leaving Saturday morning.

Planning to cross in Mexicali on Thursday and meet the group at PEMEX station, is there anyone that would like to meet and caravan from Calexico? Pulling out of Denver on Monday, plan to spend Wednesday night in Phoenix.

-Pierre
Yodavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #25
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Re: 2014 BAJA Sojourn -

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren85022
REF- the flashlights is good idea. We usually soda pops
loren85022-I can't take credit for the flashlight idea, that was bajasportsmobile, we had done sodas too. I quoted just a section from his post....
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #26

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but you may be asked if you have any fresh fruits/vegetables from the US when you are at the Guerro Negro inspection stop. If you do have them (or at least admit to having them), they will be confiscated. Have a great time everyone, wish I could've joined you all.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #27

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

It rough down here, you are lucky you didn't come.

I've got to get back to my beer... all the bad news to follow if we return.

Damn, where did I set my koozy, bare handing an ice cold drink is so uncivilized.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #28

Rub it in some more Ramsey, rub it in some more!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #29

Let's see some pics!
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:31 PM   #30

Yup...
Unless you got pics, as far as we know you're just posting from the port-potty of your SMB while sitting in your driveway.