Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2023, 06:38 PM   #31

If the site is a "group site" - what would be the individual fees per van/person ? I read group site cost is $25 - do each of us "chip in" - or pay the individual fee per person ? I do have a Golden eagle Pass --

Explain like I'm a third grader - without a brain !! Thanks

doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 06:56 PM   #32

Got it on the calendar! Thanks for organizing Ron... we're looking forward to seeing/meeting all y'all.
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:03 PM   #33

There are two group sites that hold a maximum of six rigs each. They are $25 during the week and $35 Friday and Saturday. The cost is per site per day. Not per rig. The rest of the sites hold two rigs and cost $8 weekdays and $12 weekends per night. Extra rigs are $2 per night.

It would be nice if the people shared the cost of the sites.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:05 PM   #34

For those of you who are coming from afar the location of Mack’s Canyon Campground is 45.39200, -120.88088.
Old 05-16-2023, 12:34 PM   #35

Macks Canyon M&G

I have a concern about fuel, as i see it on the map, its about 125 miles from the closest gas station. that's very close to my max mileage for a round trip on one take of diesel. I will definitely be taking a couple extra fuel cells for backup.
I'm pretty sure my take holds 27 gallons if I top it off. I don't expect to be getting very good mileage on the mountain roads. Please advise.
Thanks Russell
Old 05-16-2023, 10:18 PM   #36

There is gas in The Dalles, about 56 miles one way, from Mack’s Canyon. There is also an Independent gas station, +1 (541) 395-2638, in Maupin about 30 miles one way from the Mack’s. Diesel is available in The Dalles. Am not sure about Maupin, you would need to call them to find out. Safe fuel May be a good idea.

The road from The Dalles to Mack’s Canyon is hilly, not mountainous. The road to Mack’s is mostly flat as it use to be a railroad grade.
Old 05-16-2023, 10:45 PM   #37

Thanks for the info, looking forward to meeting you all soon.
Cheers!!!
Old 06-10-2023, 08:12 AM   #38

Priorities.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
It's on the calendar. Grandchild #7 is due to arrive shortly after, but we should be able to make it unless he decides to come along early!
Looks like I'm out. Laura will be leaving for Iceland just before grandchild #7's arrival, thus I am the designated babysitter for the 18 month old when Mom & Dad go to the hospital. I have been informed in no uncertain terms that being a bit over 500 miles away two weeks before the due date is not an acceptable plan...
Old 06-10-2023, 06:05 PM   #39
Site Team

I'd love to be there. Unfortunately, I sold my Sportsmobile a few years ago and I will be putting my 2017 Transit Van up for sale in a week. My camping days are over. I have stage IV colon cancer and have been given "a few months" to live. My wife and I are completely at peace with this. We've been married 50 years and I recently retired from 32 years with my consulting business. So it is a good time to go. I have missed the off-road trails for the last year and hope there are dirt roads and boondock camping in the next life. Happy trails to you until we meet again!
Old 06-10-2023, 06:13 PM   #40

I will also not able to attend. Medical issues (dental) with a scheduled appointment on the 23rd.
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote