Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #11

Re: 4000 mile road trip from San Diego to Canada and back..

Ha! I knew I would find you on here eventually...

One month is really quick. Do you have certain spots that you want to see?

The Lost Coast, Usal Road. That's a great trip, although conditions change drastically after any rains. Coming from the south you enter north of Fort Bragg and you can go all the way to Ferndale. Great drive. Although I couldn't comment on sportsmobile clearances since I drove a Landcruiser through there last time...

Oregon has some of the best state parks around for camping. Especially when it comes to location, cleanliness, and price.

Eastern Oregon has a BUNCH of areas to explore. They have actually mapped out a road that goes from the CA/OR border to the OR/WA border. I have the maps for this route if you want to borrow them some time.

Good luck!

Robb

Old 12-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #12
Site Team

Garage

Ya, USAL if you've never been there plus I'm sure you just read Charlies post. I added Wolf Creek/Silver Creek Road to my site which isn't tough but is a very scenic route close to Leavitt. Eagle Meadow road is a cool in and out drive in the same area but no fishing to speak of. You've probably fished the Stanislaus. It's stocked with plants as a rule and a bazillion fishing it unless you walk off trail. I really like Laurel Lakes by Mammoth as well, but never fished it and it's kind of a drive as you might know.

Post where you plan to be.....maybe some of us can meet up.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #13

Send a message via ICQ to jlrray Send a message via AIM to jlrray Send a message via MSN to jlrray Send a message via Yahoo to jlrray

Robb-

You think you can get the van ready for this trip? Lets take em out and get the heck out of SoCal. Of course, everyone here is always welcome too...

So far the course hasn't changed much and I'm pretty much winging it. The main route will probably be from San Diego to Norcal, to BC to Calgary and Fernie, then down to Montana and who knows.

Joe
jlrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #14

I used to fly fish the St Joe river all the time right out of St Regis Idaho off I-90. I have done a few in MT too but mainly the Joe river. They have good fishing but your best bet might be Montana.

Also I have fly fished the Yakima river out of Yakima WA a lot too. Great fishing in both the above locations.
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote