I've put a ton of time and energy into this years event and while I know that there's an Anza Borrego SMB event the same weekend, i figured there's no harm in letting everyone know about our 6th annual toy drive event the same weekend. If you can't make the Anza trip maybe you can make it out to help the kids. I know there should be several SMB's attending as well, also Alan at Sportsmobile West has donated some gift certificates for the Raffle
DECEMBER 8th-9th, 2012
Well its that time a year again, Yet again! It's our 6th year for organizing this and I can't believe how fast time flies. I like to mix things up and always keep the event fresh, so this year we have a new location that will serve as a great venue for all types off Off Road Enthusiasts.
The Location will be Hungry Valley State Vehicle Recreation Area, Gorman CA
Located just north of Los Angeles.
I've rented out the entire Aliklik Campground right next to the 4x4 Practice Course. The campground is near trails for exploration and serves as the gateway to the Los Padres NF.
The park is large with over 100 mile of trails and there's something for everyone, not just Overlanders. You can ride green sticker dirt bikes, quads and buggies. We want to appeal to a larger spectrum of folks so we can optimize our Toy Drive success!
- December 8th, 9th 2012. (First Weekend in December!). Not too close to Christmas and New Years and a far enough from Thanksgiving. Pencil it in now![/*:m:wgjkjehe]
The ToyDrive is 9am-4pm. Overnight Camping and Day-Use Welcome
Day Use - $5 per day
Camping - $10 per night
WHAT IS IT?:
- So this is how it works. You bring a new unwrapped toy valued at $10 or more to the meet up. You get a raffle ticket for your contribution. PLEASE NOTE: For every 5th toy you donate you will receive an additional raffle ticket. Reminder so we're clear and everyone has a fair chance of winning a prize... If you drop off 100 toys , you will not receive 100 tickets. Also, new for this year - If you're in anyway involved with the event coordinating, setup etc, you will not be eligible to win prizes.
We also have 3 categories you can win for prizes (See Below). Check out everyones rigs, meet new people and see some you already know. The Marines will be on site to help out and haul all the donations back to where they need to go.
We will be providing lunch on site. Hotdogs, chips and sodas. All thanks to our good friend Mhiscox on this board. Thank you Mike!
Note: If you don't want a hotdog and prefer something else, this is a camp out and therefore come prepared with food. Also, bring water and all necessary emergency prep you may need. [/*:m:wgjkjehe]
Check in to arrive is 9am. We'll be starting the grilling around NOON and start into the raffle about about 2pm. All on Saturday. The rest of the time, you can drop off toys (if after the raffle, you won't get a chance to win anything), meander around and oogle the rigs and meet fellow off road enthusiasts from all over the www.
Sunday, those who've camped.. there may be a trail run up to Alamo Mountain. More information on this as it becomes available. The trail run will be a scenic and simple route. Nothing hardcore.
Quick Glance at Previous Years:
Last years Event at Camp Pendleton
From 2010 in Pomona, CA
From 2009 in Pomona, CA
From 2008 in Pomona CA
From 2007 in San Clemente CA
RAFFLE DRAWING ON SITE
Vendors Involved Thus Far:
Trophies & Prizes will be awarded for the following:
- Overland Journal[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Action Trophy[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- SoCal Teardrops[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Sierra Expeditions[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Dirty Parts Inc.[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Badlands 4x4 Training[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- CVT/Cascadia Vehicle Tents[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Tembo Tusk[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- JP Magazine[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Axial Racing[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- J.C. Enterprises[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Four Wheel Campers[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- SHIMANO Fishing[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Inland Rovers[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Overland XT[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Outback Proven[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Maxtrax USA[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- GoWesty Camper Products[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- RDM Off Road[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Viking Off Road[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Poly Performance[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Banks Power Systems[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Inside Line Moto[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Most Toys Donated[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
- Most Distance Traveled To Arrive at the Event[/*:m:wgjkjehe]
Vendors are welcome as long as they're not selling items. In other words, come, show up, pop open your camper, show people stuff, but don't setup a booth and start selling stuff. Remember, this event is about the kids.. not about unloading goods. Lets keep it that way. That and my permit doesn't allow folks to sell. Please respect this.
Laws & Safety
Dogs are fine as long as they're on leash at all times and they're cool around people, kiddos and other dogs.
Another way to spread the word... i created a Facebook Event here:
If you have any questions feel free to contact me via PM or by Email. Both are listed under my username.
Hope to see everyone there,