Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #21

This sounds like a great time to explore & meet folks here on SMBforums, count us in!

-Jeff & Maranda

Old 11-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #22

Let's get back to dates- I think "extra days" need to be nailed down. The core dates being 12 & 13 with most people planning to be there for those dates. Possibly have the 11th be arrival day with the 12th and 13th for most attendees, then the 14th - whenever Jeffery calls it quits being the "extra days".

If people want to get together or travel in groups after that it lets Jeffery off the hook and people can go their separate ways- book home or hang out etc.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #23

Garage
So far there are seven confirmed vehicles:

Jeff & Miranda
lowracer
Craig & Cindy
Buji & Soda
Jeff (myriad)
Seth
Myself.
Jage, are you in?

That's pretty good. I believe we all have 4WD except for lowracer (I think).

I need input from you all, but I'm suggesting that we meet on Friday, Jan 11 at 11 AM at Stovepipe Wells, CA, in Death Valley. I may get there the day before. Let's plan on two nights for the weekenders, and four for those that can stay on longer.

For those attending, please PM me your names and cell phone numbers, vehicle year & color, and your expected length of trip.

Thanks everyone,

Jeffrey
Old 11-11-2007, 09:18 PM   #24

Trip in January

Jeffrey

Is the plan to stay overnight at Stovepipe Wells or go out in the back

country?...If we camp in Stove pipe Wells, I might bring my CJ-5 to play with...

JM
Old 11-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
So far there are seven confirmed vehicles:

Jeff & Miranda
lowracer
Craig & Cindy
Buji & Soda
Jeff (myriad)
Seth
Myself.
Jage, are you in?

That's pretty good. I believe we all have 4WD except for lowracer (I think).

I need input from you all, but I'm suggesting that we meet on Friday, Jan 11 at 11 AM at Stovepipe Wells, CA, in Death Valley. I may get there the day before. Let's plan on two nights for the weekenders, and four for those that can stay on longer.

For those attending, please PM me your names and cell phone numbers, vehicle year & color, and your expected length of trip.

Thanks everyone,

Jeffrey
Those dates might work for me. Pls put me down as a tentative yes. Will either have two of my kids or the entire family. I've wanted to explore DV for a long time so really hope I can make this work.
Rob
Old 11-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Jage, are you in?
Yeah, I'm planning on going. Hopefully my wife can swing going, but we'll be about 1 week into living in Denver if everything goes well.

Just my luck... I'm moving 5 more hours and many more mountain ranges away just a week before the Rally!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #27

We are still 50/50 on this trip, it is just going to depend upon work. I'd love to quit, but then I'd have to sell the new SMB since I could no longer afford it. It is quite the conundrum.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #28

Send a message via Yahoo to lowracer
We don't want to be the only 2WD vehicle there... That would feel like we'd be throwing a damper on the party. So we'll sit tight and see if we get some more 2WD folks participating.

-Mark & Allie
Old 11-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #29

Garage
OK, looking good.

We will meet at StovePipe, but not stay there. I want to head out by noon or 1 to our first destination, not more than 2 hours away, depending on how many scenic/photo stops we make along the way.

One thing that's bothering me is that I really want to take the group to some places that require 4WD, but not everyone has it. Honestly, that's going to make the difference between a truly exciting and remote trip, and one that anyone in a Ford Fairlane could do. Some places that we will go do not actually require low range or maybe even 4WD, but do require good large tires that can move a heavy van with 2WD over some rough trails and lots of rocks.

Mark & Allie, if a few other 2-by's join in, there are certainly nice places for a second group to enjoy while the 4-by's are out, and then we regroup. This mostly applies to Death Valley. When we head to the Owens Valley, we will mainly be in 2WD territory, with some 4-by trails for day runs, but we would camp together.

Sound OK?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #30

Jeffrey, what do you anticipate the daily average temperature in DV in january? I'm trying to get my wife into going but she is worried that it will be cold during the day. Cold at night is OK as we have a furnace and will be in the van.
Santa Barbara Ca
Closed Thread