Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2020, 09:02 PM   #1

Adventure Van Expo -Lake Tahoe

Is anyone planning to attend the Adventure Van Expo in Lake Tahoe September 5 & 6?

https://www.adventurevanexpo.com/lake-tahoe

The Expo doesn't hold a lot of appeal, but they are letting you "Camp" in the parking lot right next to the Lake and for some reason that does appeal to me. I believe there is a bike path along the Lake right there, I will need to check.

We have been remiss at getting a northern CA meet-up put together, perhaps this could serve as a substitute?

Old 08-28-2020, 09:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Is anyone planning to attend the Adventure Van Expo in Lake Tahoe September 5 & 6?

https://www.adventurevanexpo.com/lake-tahoe

The Expo doesn't hold a lot of appeal, but they are letting you "Camp" in the parking lot right next to the Lake and for some reason that does appeal to me. I believe there is a bike path along the Lake right there, I will need to check.

We have been remiss at getting a northern CA meet-up put together, perhaps this could serve as a substitute?
Fitz from what I am reading,the event is now at Sierra At Tahoe not Homewood so the parking I imagine is just in there large parking lot which is not near a lake that I know of.
Homewood does have the lake and the bike path right there,but I assume they have changed it to Sierra at Tahoe because Homewood was a rather small venue and it was very tight last year.
We may head over there next Saturday as we were planning on heading out to Loon Lake.
Blowby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:34 AM   #3

Blowby,

I just looked at the map, and right you are. You are 100% correct, I was thinking of Homewood. Thanks for pointing that out to me!
Old 08-30-2020, 05:52 PM   #4

Thanks for posting abut this. I’ll be next door in Meyers next weekend so planning to stop by.
Beached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:05 PM   #5

Van expo

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Last I heard it was not going to be held as it was cancelled at Homewood. We will stop by Saturday and see what’s new this year. (
Jeff94598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:43 AM   #6

We’ll be there.

My wife and I plan on heading there Saturday. Fitz, this will be a great chance to finally meet and see your van. It’s been wild the last few weeks with the heat and fires so we have just been hunkered down.

Note, they have a way to RSVP for tickets which are free. They are limiting dogs so they have dog tickets which are sold out. If you want to Camp there, they are also charging for that so you may want to get a ticket before those sell out. I plan on coming home afterwards. Maybe I’ll head out for a hike.

-Ryan
Ryan_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:52 AM   #7

Hey Fitz,
Sharon and I will be attending and camping the two days onsite. It would be nice to see you both again. The plan is to heading up tonight part way arriving tomorrow afternoon. Cleaning off the bugs from our last drive today. See you at the expo.
Sloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #8

I have a commitment on Saturday in the Bay Area, but will be in Ranch Cordova Saturday night, planning to run up the hill and go to the Expo Sunday morning.

Ryan, I’ll be at my daughters Saturday night so I’m guessing I’ll be within a mile or two of where you live. I PM’d my contact info to you previously, send me your info and we’ll figure something out.

Sam, we’ll find each other Sunday morning, looking forward to it.

David, what day are you planning to be there? It would be nice to finally meet.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
I have a commitment on Saturday in the Bay Area, but will be in Ranch Cordova Saturday night, planning to run up the hill and go to the Expo Sunday morning.

Ryan, I’ll be at my daughters Saturday night so I’m guessing I’ll be within a mile or two of where you live. I PM!d my contact info to you previously, send me your info and we’ll figure something out.

Sam, we’ll find each other Sunday morning, looking forward to it.

David, what day are you planning to be there? It would be nice to finally meet.
Ken, Sounds good, will keep an eye out for you and Laura if she is coming on Sunday!
Sloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:10 PM   #10

^^^. Sorry to disappoint you Sam, but Laura is off chasing rocks, so it will be just me!