Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2020, 11:21 AM   #1

Anyone to show me their Maxxair fan in LA?

I’m torn between putting a Maxxair or a Fantastic fan in my E350. I had a Fantastic in my Lazy Daze and loved how quiet it was and the light and somewhat limited views that it afforded. I like the idea of being able to leave the Maxxair fan running if stormy weather is on the way and I’m away from the vehicle. I hear the Maxxair is louder than Fantastic at their lowest settings.

Anyone in Los Angeles willing to let me come have a look at theirs? I‘ll wear a mask!

thejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #2

Garage
After stepping in puddles under my Fantastic Fan a couple of times I decided I needed a Maxxair. In my experience the Maxxair is quieter at low speeds, especially the two lowest speeds. At the lowest speeds it is practically silent and is also a lower draw on the battery. The Maxxair does have a lot more speeds than my Fantastic Fan had. It doesn't seem to let as much air out when it is just open without running but that's subjective and I don't really know if it does or doesn't.

I'm a bit far to come see it though, three quarters of the way across the country.
wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #3

Thanks for sharing your experience. Good to hear that its quieter than your Fantastic Fan. If its near silent, it doesn't get much better than that!
Old 03-24-2020, 08:46 AM   #4

Living near a rain forest, the Fantastic Fan wasn't an option for us -- we need to be able to ventilate even when raining. But besides having many different speed settings, the MaxxAir is reversible, which comes in handier than you'd expect. You can remove bathroom or cooking odors quickly without diffusing them throughout the van. On its max setting, mosquitoes get stuck on the screen like flypaper and are easily disposed of, or just temporarily remove the screen altogether to "space" them.
AndrewInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #5

Greetings thejm, I assume you have read through this thread. https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...ans-22883.html

My experience with two fantastic fans and now a maxxair are detailed on the first page. To answer your question about noise, my maxxair on the first few low settings is nearly silent. I sleep in the penthouse with it on all the time in hot climates.

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:10 AM   #6

Ok I am sold Maxxair is the way to go for me. Is the smoke version transparent and the white version opaque?
Old 03-24-2020, 10:31 AM   #7

Garage
The smoke version is transparent. I'm not sure about the white version, I believe it is opaque but translucent. One extra thing I like about the Maxxair is that it is easier, at least for me, to remove the screen so you can clean the blades and screen. When I changed out the Fantastic Fan the blades were quite dirty and hard to clean.

Does anybody need a used Fantastic Fan?
Old 03-25-2020, 04:29 PM   #8

Thanks everyone. I placed an order for a smoke Maxxair fan today!

Tags
fan, fantastic, los angeles, maxxair