Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #21

Re: Anza Borrego over New years (Was Mojave)

Ramsey, how long are you in Baja for? How was the drive down and was gas available in the normal places, or did the hurricane cause lasting supply issues? Looking forward to heading South.................

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #22

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller
Ramsey, how long are you in Baja for? How was the drive down and was gas available in the normal places, or did the hurricane cause lasting supply issues? Looking forward to heading South.................

Everything is back to normal, no issues with fuel or roads.

We are driving back to San Diego on Monday and then coming back down before the 12th (we want to be here for the Baja 1000) and stay for????

We will be here for most of the winter. I'll be commuting for work...

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller
I was just talking to some friends about a similar trip over the holidays. We did Death Valley last year and it was great, Goller wash was amazing. All I have to do is figure out how to do Xmas on the road. Wheels are turning............Arctic Traveller

KC6TNI
2001 GTRV
Advanced 4wd conversion
You don't even need to do xmas on the road.. Cruise down here as planned in November.. Leave the van in CA somewhere. Fly home. Have a Merry Christmas, fly back to CA, camp in Anza Borrego. Heck, I'll be in TX for Christmas, but fly home a couple days after and jump in the van and head south.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #24

Has anyone firmed up their plans yet? Any further ideas on campsites or dates? what are folks are using for navigation programs? I Really want to put this together, but it's up to the wife to carve out the time from a busy schedule. RPA has a good idea though, I might be able to make that work, thanks. Looking forward to meeting some other vanner's and ham too..................
Advanced 4wd
Old 11-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #25

Plans are s-l-o-w-l-y coming together. I encourage anyone interested to focus on their travel dates. I plan to arrive somewhere in the park no later than 12/29. So meeting up with folks could begin that day. Some will not arrive until 12/31. I will be leaving the Bay Area on 12/28 and stopping for the night but I don't know where( could be a motel ) My goal is to be at the final meet up location on the 29th. Since I have never been in the park I'm kind of leaning on those with experience to point me in the right direction. Tapatio has a lifetime of experience and is in the process of coming up with some possible spots. I have no problem with a challenging way in and out as long as I'm not going it alone. This is a work in progress so block out your dates first if possible. The rest of the trip will fall into place.
Chris
07 BMW 525xi wagon
Christopher Thwaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #26

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Consider Coach Whip Canyon, it is well protected in bad weather, and just a short distance off the Hwy so that arrival is easy and 2wd do-able. It is easy to visit some of the best parts of the park from there.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #27

Tentatively I will leave SF on 12/28, so be in Anza Borrego that night, unless I convince a friend to help me on another project in San Marcos, then maybe 12/29 afternoon/evening.

Then at some point I will have to go fetch the missus at SAN, but that should just be a day trip, depending on her flight time.

All I need is directions or GPS coordinates and I'll find y'all. More off road to get there is better, but I'm cool with easier if that's the consensus.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #28

Ramsey, Any directions to Coach Whip?...............A/T
Advanced 4wd
Old 11-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #29
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Hey, this sounds like fun and we want a getaway for new years, can we join in.....we'll have our new 4 legged addition, Shanti, dogs ok in the park? Our plan is to ski our way out west and then pack in a few thaw out days before heading back to the cold in CO.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:08 AM   #30

REF
Absolutely join us...Tapatio has located a tentative camp spot about an hour and a half drive into the desert from Ocotillo Wells. He will be posting or emailing me with his thoughts after inspecting the site this past weekend. Dogs are allowed in the park. Leash laws apply and I believe dogs are not allowed on trails. I'd check out the parks website. I don't have a firm head count yet but at present there are 3 confirmed vans, a maybe 4 dr Rubicon that is fitted with a pop top and much much more.
Chris
07 BMW 525xi wagon
Christopher Thwaites is offline   Reply With Quote