Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2022, 09:04 AM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
When is the race? Hope you have a good trip.
It is the first week in May.

dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 12:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
We are currently in La Ventana. We did the long drive down in three 7 to 9 hour days. It will be a much slower trip home. Currently it is 72 and sunny with a stiff breeze. Will be posting short one minute videos of the trip when I can. Here are the first three.

The Drive South

Calexico to Gonzaga Bay

Conception Bay
nice vids! It's also 72 and breezy here in La Paz! Wind should die down on Thursday.
tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:54 PM   #13

La Ventana Baja California Sur is a Mecca for Kiteboarders. The wind comes up between 10:00 and 11:00 an and blows all day until around sunset. World class kiteboarders come here to train during the winter.

larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 07:08 AM   #14

We are in Loreto for a few days to pick up our wives at the Loreto airport, resupply and shower before heading back to the beaches. The roads have been rough, the Gigantica Mountains challenging, and the beaches beautiful.

La Paz to San Evaristo

On the Water

San Evaristo to Ciudad Constitution
Old 02-18-2022, 09:09 AM   #15

Larrie, we are in Loreto right now. Van is in a shop for a new axle. Call or text? 3zero3 2zero4 6223
Old 03-13-2022, 02:52 PM   #16

We are safely to our home in Oregon after spend 30 days soaking up the sun in Baja. It was a great trip. Woke up to six inches of snow in Winnemucca NV on our way home. We were not happy campers that morning.

A few more short videos of the trip.

Ciudad Constitution to Timbabichi

Timbabichi to Ciudad Constitution

Grocery Shopping

Juncalito
Old 03-28-2022, 02:38 PM   #17

Baja 2022 Trip Report

The full trip report about our travels in Baja is now up on our travel blog. There are lots more photos there from the trip as well. Here is the short version.

It was windy when we arrived on the beach at Rancho Grande so I slept with the top down.

We stopped in La Paz on our way back north from La Ventana.

Our camp south of San Evaristo.

We stopped in San Luis Gonzaga to get some local knowledge on road conditions.

We spent four days on a deserted beach somewhere near Tembabichi.

We spent three more days on the beach at Juncalito.

Plus more beach days at Playa Cocos where we enjoyed a beautiful sunrise.

The shell beach at Punta Chivato is amazing. The shells are piled about five feet deep.

The town square at San Ignacio.

The interaction with the whales was the highlight of the trip for my wife.

Some of my traveling companions at the cave paintings southeast of Guerrero Negro.

The back way from Guerrero Negro to the Bay of Los Angles is very rough.

We were welcomed back to the northwest with an overnight snow storm in Winnemucca, Nevada.
Old 03-28-2022, 05:38 PM   #18

Garage
Another fun thread I've been enjoying from afar: Sorry Larrie, I haven't had the time to review the Videos on this thread yet - have however watched several of the others you've posted - good stuff. I've enjoyed the pictures & looks like your companions are having a good time as well.

EDIT: Just made a donation to your channel since I've been viewing some of your Videos - Appreciate your efforts to share with everyone, and hopefully this helps off-set some of your fuel expense!
Old 03-28-2022, 09:55 PM   #19

Thank you for the donation and glad you are enjoying the videos.
Old 03-29-2022, 02:46 PM   #20

Hey Larrie -- terrific posts and pictures ! JEALOUS I AM ! So - what's the international or proper etiquette regarding "right of way" when running into another SMB or other vehicle - as in the case of the narrow roads/rails like photo of "Guerrero Negro" pic - "he with the biggest tires - or biggest winch - has the right of way" ?? NO - "seriously" - who gives way ?

Keep up the travel and posts !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote