Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2019, 11:58 AM   #1

BCOR - BC Overland Rally - Who's Going?

I know there a few folks on here that are attending and it is rapidly approaching.

I was wondering if any you want to get together are share the campsite (I want to check out your vans )? I spoke with the organizer and the first person that arrives can hold a few sites for friends. I'm local so I could head up early to stake out some spots.

I will be going with my spouse and our dog.

Also if you have anything you want to sell or are looking for post it up here as well . Maybe we can exchange at the event.

Also if you need a place to park for the night, you can park near my place if you want to convoy up.

Spots to save:
Cyrull
Railvan

Old 05-29-2019, 07:01 PM   #2

I'm planning to go. Headed up Thursday evening from Bellingham after work, so arrival will be maybe 8pm-ish. The last two years I was camped near the edge of the pack due to this late arrival but that's fine by me. If you save a spot for a group let me know.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railvan View Post
I'm planning to go. Headed up Thursday evening from Bellingham after work, so arrival will be maybe 8pm-ish. The last two years I was camped near the edge of the pack due to this late arrival but that's fine by me. If you save a spot for a group let me know.
Sounds good! Look forward to meeting other members of the community.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:42 PM   #4

I might head up Wed night, or Thurs, it kinda depends on what 7Oaks has planned. A group camp would be fun, so if you go early, let us know where you may be, and even better, a photo of your van will make it easier to identify you. My van has the Alaska license plate GR8ADV. Anyone interested in continuing on to Ak after the rally, or doing some further exploration before heading South again? I'll be headed to Ak, and Bill will be headed South afterwords.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:12 PM   #5

Garage
I plan go, and head up with Arctic, so Wed night or Thurs. The earlier the better for camp site selection, even better if we can get a group camp site. I'm in a green E350 RB SMB with Arctic's white GTRV. I plan to head North after the rally with Arctic for a few days to a week of exploration, then turn back South East through Jasper and Banff areas, eventually back to California on an unplanned route at this point. Anyone interested in travelling with us for any part of the trip is welcome.
7oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:06 PM   #6

Unfortunately I gotta head back for work on Tuesday. But depending on how we feel after the event we might be up to explore Sunday/Monday.

I'd recommend going up to Pemberton, taking the Hurley FSR to Gun Creek Camp Ground. It's a nice quiet spot that is free, maintained by a utility company. You can drive right on to Carpenter Lake if the conditions are right. I did it last year in my Subaru Outback. May do it again after the event, photo's are of the lake. Obviously won't be doing donuts in the van lol. It was during the fire season so it had a cool eerie look to it.

This is my first rally I am wondering what everyone is attending? Any suggestions? We are looking to do Tuktoyaktuk down the road and eventually Baja, maybe SA?
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   IMG_0097.jpg   IMG_0121.jpg  
Old 06-02-2019, 11:22 PM   #7

Garage
[QUOTE=Cyrull I'd recommend going up to Pemberton, taking the Hurley FSR to Gun Creek Camp Ground. It's a nice quiet spot that is free, maintained by a utility company. You can drive right on to Carpenter Lake if the conditions are right. I did it last year in my Subaru Outback. May do it again after the event, photo's are of the lake. Obviously won't be doing donuts in the van lol. It was during the fire season so it had a cool eerie look to it. [/QUOTE]

Artic and I ran a route through that area coming south from Lillooet last year. I agree it's a good trail. We camped at a very small campsite at the base of the dam at Carpenter Lake and went over the ridge and around the east side of Seaton Lake to Pemberton. We ran past a fire along Seaton Lake as well. We know some nice trails North of there also, all the way to Williams Lake. We are flexible and would like to explore that area some more while heading North.
7oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:40 PM   #8

Just found out about this, it looks fun! I'm leaving Vegas with my two boys and niece for a cross country roadtrip on the 21st. we were planning on making our way up to glacier and the boys already mentioned they wanted to go into canada, so this may be perfect! it sounds like it's kid and dog friendly too as we've got a 2 yo shepard. i'll let you know!
urbanfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfood View Post
Just found out about this, it looks fun! I'm leaving Vegas with my two boys and niece for a cross country roadtrip on the 21st. we were planning on making our way up to glacier and the boys already mentioned they wanted to go into canada, so this may be perfect! it sounds like it's kid and dog friendly too as we've got a 2 yo shepard. i'll let you know!
Hope you can make it. I went to the first two BCOR events and enjoyed them both. I met ArcticTraveler yesterday at a van meet in Bellingham. Looks like we might have five SMB's at BCOR. :^)
Old 06-17-2019, 11:25 PM   #10

Just updating the list as I can't seem the edit my post:

People attending BCOR so far:

Cyrull
Railvan
arctictraveller
7oaks
urbanfood (tentative)