Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #11

Re: Bill Burke of BB4WA.com inPhoeix at end of January

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspiciouswhitevan
suspicious white van here, would be very interested and would be coming from norcal. any chance to learn with bill i will take. keep me in the loop, known to bb as fast freddi...aloha
Fred--did you go on a trip with BB and me to Colo. this summer? With Frosty? It's me, the Black V-10 SMB that got stuck with you in that big mud hole. Whether its the same Fred or not, I will make sure you are on the trip list.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #12

If it's family friendly, I'm interested.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:39 AM   #13

Fellow owners:
I have reached out to Bill Burke, he is able to do a two-day trip around the Phoenix area on February 1 and 2, a Sunday and Monday.

Cost for the trip will be dependent on how many can go. If we have four vehicles, it will be $256.25 per day per vehicle, $512.50 for the trip. I am a definite attendee, so we need three more to make this quite affordable. I learned more from Bill in one day than I ever learned.

We Don't require a SMB to come, either--jeeps and scouts and land rovers etc. etc. are welcome, so if you have a buddy SMB wannabe, invite him or her. We will camp one night somewhere nice.

BB4WA will require a 50% deposit to hold the days. I will post the deposit information as soon as I have confirmed some details with BB4WA--if we don't get the required 4 vehicles, we will call it off and Bill gets home a couple days earlier.

YOU DON"T WANT TO MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY to have such a great trip here in our own backyard!!! Thanks. Let me know if you are coming. Blackmagic
Old 12-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #14

Monday will be tough. I'll see what I can do...

Maybe a one-day (Sunday) trail run with Bill?
Old 12-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #15

I heard back from BB4WA--here is the scoop on the trip:The trip is scheduled for Feb. 1 and 2, 2015.

We will have until Jan. 19 to make the final payment to BB4WA. We will require a minimum of 4 vans, including me, and can have up to six. Because this trip is a "special" trip, BB4WA is not capable of collecting deposits and funds, so they have asked me to act as intermediary.

Cost is $500 per van for the two days. I will collect the money, and forward to BB4WA. I must make the payment in full for the trip on Jan 19 or before, and will obtain a confirmation from Bill sent directly to each of you. If you are interested, contact me by email through this forum with your email and phone number and I will send you the address to send the checks to me. If we don't get the minimum, we will call the trip off and I will send you back your check.

Normally, BB4WA does not refund any funds, but instead gives customers a credit for a future trip. With this special trip, they will waive that policy and allow us to cancel and you can get a full refund (through me).

I hope at least three of you can make it--twovans, I am not sure how a one-day would work, but if that is all you can do, we will try to figure it out. The trip will be close to the Phoenix area, but we don't have the route set just yet. Rest assured, it will be fun, challenging, and offer many "teachable moments"

I look forward to hearing from 3 or more of you!!! Happy Holidays!! Don (akaBlackMagic)
Old 12-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #16

Garage

blackmagic,

I am out. $500 will get at least two tires. I hope you all have a great time.

TexGX
2006 Casita (Makes it a three bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath)
TexGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #17

Monday is a no-go for me. Let me know if there is a Sunday only option and I will re-attack with the "Large Family".

Old 01-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #18

Hey Black Magic, fast Freddi of Suspicious White Van, I am indeed the one you stuck with, but prefer to call it a learning experience. Alas I have to bow out as well due to like work and distance. However Bill is doing another Colorado trip in the summer. Might make it and would recommend it to all. Cheers...ff
suspiciouswhitevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #19

Suspiciouswhitevan, whoever you are, you get my vote for the all time best forum handle and/or van name. I just love it.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #20

Have fun guys! I've trained with Bill previously and had some cool trail moments. I'll be seeing him at the end of the month for a get together arranged through my Rover cohorts.
94' LR Discovery - built
KF7KOY
01E350AZ is offline   Reply With Quote