Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2016, 09:41 PM   #1

Garage
Boise area meet.

Short notice, but just stumbled onto thread today. Doesn't seem like to many of the boise area van owners are too keen on meeting up, but passing this along just in case any locals are feeling social. Hope to see some new faces!

Boise Meet Up - Expedition Portal

Thread content if you aren't a expo member:

Gents,

A few of us are going to grab a beer and talk van stuff on Tuesday the 11th around 630/7pm at Highlands Hollow Brew House just off Bogus Basin Rd. Figured I throw this out there for any other van guys lurking in les bois. Nothing organized, just showing up and having a snack or beer.

(https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hi...4d-116.2087581)

Gent who posted meet has a very unique van. It's a manual transmission, convertible poptop homebuild. I'm looking forward to checking it out. If you have a few minutes his build is worth the read.

The Ute II: E350 RB 7.3 ZF6 - Expedition Portal

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:30 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
I have moved to Boise. And just might be in town on Tuesday. Before heading to the valley of fire.
But man that's a week away never know where I might be.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:24 AM   #3

Garage
well that sucks and its cool at the same time, lol. you were a lifeline for me if I broke down on the pass, but cool to have you in the area. what brought you to the boise area?

hope you can make the meet, but understand if you cant. I know your a busy man. would be nice to finally meet ya though. ive passed you more times than I can count on 33, 31, and 26 and you were out the 2-3 times we stopped in at your shop to say hi. regardless, welcome to the hood! if you need anything, feel free to contact me. ill help however I can
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 10-04-2016, 10:07 AM   #4

I still have the The business in Jackson. My wife suffers from high-altitude migraines so we needed to move her to a lower elevation. We have a house in the north end 27th and State St area. I'm Kinda living in both places at the moment.
I will be in town Saturday for sure maybe we could hook up for a cup O coffee?
Ron
Old 10-04-2016, 10:27 AM   #5

Garage
sorry to hear about the migraines. know a few folks that suffer and it doesn't sound like any fun at all. house in northend should be nice and relaxing though. I love that area. neat neighborhoods with old houses that actually have style instead of the cookie-cutter houses going up all over.

glad to hear you still have the shop though. hopefully I never have to utilize your services, but good to know its still an avenue in case we need it!

would love to meet up on sat, but I have plans about 8-9am on Saturday in nampa....got roped into judging a car show I sadly have a hard time sleeping past 5am anymore. so don't know if your an early riser or not, but id be happy to meet up before I have to be out in Nampa. if not, I likely have time in the afternoon to grab a bite or something.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #6

Garage
Thanks for the heads-up shenrie! My wife and I love that brew house. We will try and attend. It will be great meeting locals.
firedude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:04 AM   #7

I just had a great lunch at that Brew House last week.
Did you say car show?? I would be into going to that for sure Saturday. I'm in the market for another toy..
What kind of car show is it.
R
Old 10-04-2016, 11:44 AM   #8

Garage
^^^ sadly, its not a carshow im even remotely interested in...at least typically (sometimes you get surprised). it will be mainly be lowriders (the kind with hydraulics and wires, not the kind that rail and haul ass) & lowrider bikes/motos. im only participating to help a friend AND trying to get my foot in the door for a potential job. some smoozing if you will.

if youre looking for toys, we can chat about your preferences and im sure I can point you in the right direction. ive been active in fast cars and racing locally for 20 years, well at least I used to be. its a small scene here in lil ole Idaho...I still have some contacts depending on what youre in the market for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedude67 View Post
Thanks for the heads-up shenrie! My wife and I love that brew house. We will try and attend. It will be great meeting locals.
very cool! look forward to meeting some more local van owners as well!
Old 10-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
...Gent who posted meet has a very unique van. It's a manual transmission, convertible poptop homebuild. I'm looking forward to checking it out. If you have a few minutes his build is worth the read.

The Ute II: E350 RB 7.3 ZF6 - Expedition Portal
Damn, a ZF6 manual trans in a van. I'm very jealous. I would love one in my Excursion, and have a ZF5 manual trans in my Bronco.

Soon driving a manual transmission will be a lost art. Good thing my 10 year old already wants my Bronco some day.

Herb
Old 10-04-2016, 06:03 PM   #10

Ron, funny, I just was in the Valley of Fire after picking up my new to me van in Vegas.

I'm trying to make next Tuesday but might be headed to Montana for a little work and fishing.

Nate
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote