Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #1

Colorado to California trip october 2015

Heading from Colorado to northern, California in October from 3 Oct to 17 Oct, does anyone know of any groups/people going out that way, the area I am going to be in is around NW of Sacramento, Nevada city area. I will be travelling by myself and my 2 dogs.

sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Colorado to California trip october 2015

What exactly are you after??? Meeting people, visiting campgrounds, sites, or boon docking?

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:16 PM   #3

What kind of pups? Socialized and friendly?
Old 09-13-2015, 09:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
What exactly are you after??? Meeting people, visiting campgrounds, sites, or boon docking?
All of the above, I will a SM, Sprinter van but not 4x4, I wold like to mountain bike,hike, in the northern cali area, was wondering of there are any groups or meetups that are heading to that area?
sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:39 AM   #5

Have you ever been to that area before? Whats your attraction to that area? Do you have any fixed plan? I'm always up to meeting new people and exploring a new area. Plus thats my off weekend from 9/30-10/8. Hope its not on fire the way Cali is burning now. Maybe consider Mammoth area tons of trails for biking, hiking and 4x4.
DIG
dig255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
Site Team

Garage

The fall colors will be very nice in early October. 108 (Sonora Pass) is one of CA's most scenic highways and has a number of spots to camp at. Many of the campgrounds in Yosemite's higher country along highway 120 (Tioga Pass) close around Oct-15th. Seems the CG's on Sonora pass stay open a bit longer and at least one is open until snow closes the pass. Mind you weather can close off either of those passes at any time for short periods. The east side of the Sierra's has several spots to camp at and many of the forest service roads are Sprinter friendly during reasonable weather. I think the timing might be close for some spots and then there are the hunters who will be all over the place. As mentioned the local fires are causing a mess right now but hopefully will be suppressed by the time you make it out this way.

I'll let those more familiar with the Tahoe zone comment on that area...lots of great places up in that area as well.

Virginia Lakes area is nice.
http://www.hikingwalking.com/destinatio ... inia_lakes

Trumbull lake CG would probably be closed but the fall colors are something if you hit it at the right time of the year. Nice drive.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsint ... Campground

Green Creek road is nice and there are several areas to boon dock at but you'll be in in the mix of hunters who swarm the area.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/htnf/rec ... ecid=65296

I've posted several spots in my area that are worth looking at and says whether 4x4/high clearance is required. The mono lake area is quite nice that time of year.
http://autoramblings.com/sportsmobile/

Hopefully you'll connect with somebody in an area you want to visit. I might even be in the area.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote