Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2022, 08:12 AM   #41
Spr

Sounds great. We are looking forward to it. I just posted a link to this thread on the last east coast meetup thread with hopes a couple people subscribed will get notified. Here is that thread incase.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...8-a-20373.html

Old 06-21-2022, 05:07 PM   #42

Hi Ya'll!

Wow this sounds like a great time, and Ive been wanting to cycle over thar too... Am I allowed to show up if I'm driving a honda? (Like, who could stop me right?)

I'm in process of selling my house. My son convinced me last winter I should keep HellBetty until after I do that (Hmmm why do I think he's so smart?)

Anyhoo when I was looking for a car to buy in the fall, I caught myself having this critical line of thinking:
1. Can I remove the seats?
2. Can I sleep in it?

Ended up with a Honda Pilot 2010 and yes. Yes I CAN sleep in her! have not removed the seats or installed the porta potty tho. When I sell HellBetty, I could see buying a 2wd van. To remove the seats and sleep in. Anyhow Ive got this meetup on my calendar. I need to go out west also but this is closer! Thank you @Carlparr for the great effort!
Old 06-21-2022, 06:57 PM   #43

Spr - Good idea about notifying the old thread.

Annie O - You are more than welcome to join us in your Pilot. It may not be the only one there.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:18 AM   #44
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Wow this sounds like a great time, and Ive been wanting to cycle over thar too... Am I allowed to show up if I'm driving a honda? (Like, who could stop me right?)

I'm in process of selling my house. My son convinced me last winter I should keep HellBetty until after I do that (Hmmm why do I think he's so smart?)

Anyhoo when I was looking for a car to buy in the fall, I caught myself having this critical line of thinking:
1. Can I remove the seats?
2. Can I sleep in it?

Ended up with a Honda Pilot 2010 and yes. Yes I CAN sleep in her! have not removed the seats or installed the porta potty tho. When I sell HellBetty, I could see buying a 2wd van. To remove the seats and sleep in. Anyhow Ive got this meetup on my calendar. I need to go out west also but this is closer! Thank you @Carlparr for the great effort!
That is what led to KTG and I to fall in love with roadtrippingcamplifesleepinyourvehicle way of life! We went through two MDX and hit 49 states, and many, more than twice...my woodworking friend helped me build a folding shelf to level up the folded second row seats to back (piano hinge to fold back when driving bc he felt if we were hit from behind we'd be cut in half, good idea i sd) this "leveling" allowed two compartments on either side of the center brace of stand. One side we used for camp stove, two camp chairs, tent and a multitude of other goodies..while the other side held a 3'x1.5'x6" plastic container that held our food/canned goods etc. Memory foam, on bed. We made curtains that slid on wood dowels that we hung on the clothes hooks and sun visor...sunroof open a crack with a magnetic screen we laid on top to keep bugs out...
We carried a cooler or two that went into front seat when it was time to sleep. Usually had a small cardboard box for dried goods. It is where we learned to pack super light for clothes/ and realizing yo really can just change the underwear most of the time and feel like a new/million bucks! It was a very simple operation that got us so many places. You are going to love it!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:28 PM   #45

Hoping to attend this East Coast Meet Up in September - and if I make it - if you're looking for or need front rotors - I have an unturned set of Quigley (6.5 diameter drilled) rotors for sale. I just did a big brake upgrade of SSBC - 8 piston calipers/pads and SSBC rotors - and have rotors with just 14,000 miles on them - calipers too. Rotors came off my 2002 E350 V10 - van only had 3,780 original/actual miles when purchased used. I've put the difference in miles on them mostly between Provo and North Georgia over the past 2 years.

I'd be glad to load them up and bring to Meet Up - so long as there is a serious buyer who can commit ?
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:52 PM   #46

Looks like I should be able to make it!
bobthecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:50 PM   #47

I checked out the site today. Large open field, easily fit 15-18 vans, 20-25 cozy, 2 large picnic tables and a large fire ring. Biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, etc. I'll put together a better list of activities and we can decide if we want to do anything as a group.
Attached Thumbnails
20220630_134857.jpg  
CarlParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:46 PM   #48

Awesome - thanks for all this - hoping attendance works for me !?
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:39 AM   #49

Garage
Seconded, awesome. Thanks much.
Old 07-18-2022, 11:15 AM   #50

Thank you to all who have been doing the planning for this, it's most appreciated!
I've got this on my calendar and unless something really goes wrong I plan on being there. This will be my first Meet-Up and I'm really looking forward to meeting new folks and maybe share a beer or two 🍻.
I haven't really looked at it closely but was wondering if anyone would be interested in spending a day paddling the Potomac or doing some fly-fishing? I always have my kayak on top and fly rods along every time I travel so no need to decide now, I'm just looking for some fun options to take advantage of.
Peace,
Dave
Dhale is offline   Reply With Quote