Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Should caving take place on Fri afternoon or Sun morning?
Caving starts after lunch on Fri, 03 May. 4 80.00%
Caving starts mid morning on Sun, 05 May. 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2019, 09:21 AM   #21

Lee,

Thanks again for all the work you do to pull this together. This is now set on my calendar!

Count me in for the caving if it is on Friday.

And let me know if you need help coordinating anything.

wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:43 AM   #22

Garage
Lee,

Thanks again for setting this up.

I'd do caving on Sun. Can't commit to Fri right now although I might be able to later.

I plan to arrive sometime on Fri.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:24 PM   #23

Garage
We're excited about attending - too much fun last year to pass up this opportunity!

You're involvement Lee is gracious & certainly appreciated, and as others have commented please let us know if we can help in any way.
We'll get back to you very soon on which adventures we'll participate in...definitely doing the Via Ferrata, and enjoy Spelunking (no real preference on which day)
Old 01-26-2019, 05:41 AM   #24

Garage
Thank you Lee. This will definitely be a fun filled weekend.

I would like to do the caving with Liam. I know you are checking on the age limits. I am thinking he still may be a little young for it...I did show him what it was and I also showed him the canopy tour......The darkness was the issue with caving and the height was the issue with the canopy tour...lol...so we will just have to see.

I will do the MTBing for sure.....pending I can get someone to take care of Mr. Liam for me. Do you think he could hang out at the NRocks Welcome Center.....Internet is his friend...lol.

I plan to be there on Thursday if all goes well with getting time off from work.

Safe travels...and see you all there.
Shyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:30 AM   #25

Just got a new (to me) 2002 Dodge RB-50 penthouse. A falling tree crushed my old 1996 Dodge EB penthouse.

I'll be driving from NC to SD about the time of the rally. Have it on my calendar and hope to make a couple nights and do some SMB caving. . .and some of that rock caving as well!
Old 01-28-2019, 07:29 AM   #26

how to sign up

sorry I am new and would like to attend , what is the sign up procedure to book a camp site for the week end .
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:55 AM   #27
tlg

Garage
Congrats on the rig. Look forward to meeting ya.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:00 AM   #28

Lee,

We would like to add our thanks to you for putting this together. In addition to the North Fork mtb ride we would be interested in doing the caving and via ferrata if scheduling permits. Let us know if we can assist somehow.

Karl & Shara
fw500a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:15 AM   #29
tlg

Garage
All,
Signup is informal. No need to book anything. Current list of potential attendees below. Next update will include more info on area activities. We’ve got hiking, caving, zip line tour, via ferrata, and a mtb shuttle on tap. There are fees associated with all activities except the hiking (see previous post). Fees will be paid once on site and directly to NRocks. If you’re interested in caving please let me know as I’d like to secure the guide/site as quickly as possible. Noted those interested in caving below.

Thought on scheduling: trying to ensure everyone has a chance to participate in the via ferrata and caving. With the group doing the North Fork mtb ride on Sat that leaves us with caving either Fri or Sun. Currently thinking about caving on Sun with a mid morning start time (10:00). Would last until just after lunch. Not ideal but would allow time to pack up and move to the caving link up point without having to rush. For travel planning, the caving link up point is in Franklin, WV. Can adjust the caving to take place after lunch on Fri but need some input on whether or not that makes sense. Poll is up.

Band update. Band is booked. Four piece bluegrass band called "Day Old News".

Attendee List:
1. TLG (via ferrata)
2. Marret (caving (x1))
2. Pac-Man
3. Shyll (caving (x2 if able); mtb (x1))
4. Twoxentrix (caving (x1); via ferrata (x1))
5. Wish41 (caving (x1))
6. fw500a (caving (x2); mtb (x2))
7. 86Scotty
8. Spr
9. UpZMtn (mtb (x3))
10. Gahamby
11. Michaelstead (caving (x1))
12. DM (caving (x2); via ferrata (x2))
Old 01-28-2019, 01:10 PM   #30

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
sorry I am new and would like to attend , what is the sign up procedure to book a camp site for the week end .
Pacman, always good when another wants to participate...Corona Light (and fresh limes) are a great way to warm up the crowd! I've got the Scotch covered.