Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #51

Re: Expo East 2014 Asheville NC

Expo East is still a ways away but we are starting to make a pile of stuff we will be bringing. We have plenty of Butyl tape left over from re-doing our penthouse bolts but no takers. We are offering strips of it for free so if anyone wants us to bring some please let us know ahead of time, not worth dragging otherwise. We also have our OEM passenger base for sale as "make offer". If you need one and will be at Expo East make an offer, even a free beer would do! We just don't want to scrap it but if there is no interest it will get 86'd when we vacate our house (or sooner).

We may have a good deal of FatMat left over too, almost an entire roll. We have a couple spots still left to
do, may get to it before we drop the van off at the shop or not. If you're interested let us know. As we stumble across things we'll post here.

-John

Old 08-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #52

If I end up going I'll definitely be interested in the butyl tape, and perhaps the FatMat.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW
If I end up going I'll definitely be interested in the butyl tape, and perhaps the FatMat.
Sounds great!

-John
Old 08-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #54

Be sure and get there by 7 pm on the day you come in. Oh, I was supposed to quit bitchin' wasn't I? Their rules and regs seem a bit over the top. To anyone interested you can follow several threads on Expo.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Be sure and get there by 7 pm on the day you come in. Oh, I was supposed to quit bitchin' wasn't I? Their rules and regs seem a bit over the top. To anyone interested you can follow several threads on Expo.
That's good to know. We haven't been paying much attention to the schedule and it's not uncommon for us to roll into NC well after that. We may drive most of the way Wednesday after work and stealth camp somewhere close. We love a leisurely morning with a nice sit down breakfast. Expo East is a vacation for us so starting it off slow would be nice. We'll be there for the entire event so ping me if you need. Have you decided what day(s) you're gonna be there?

-John
Old 08-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #56

Just noticed there is a day pass for Saturday. From website:
Quote:
SATURDAY and SUNDAY tickets are ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE GATE:
$25–Single / $40–Family SATURDAY (8 am - 5 pm)
$10–Single / $15–Family SUNDAY (8 am - 3 pm)

Remember kids 17 and under are free!

Sorry, NO CAMPING available with single-day passes. Please purchase a Weekend Pass (above), along with a Camping Pass (below) in order to enjoy our camp facilities.

1005 Cane Creek Road, Fletcher, NC; parking is free, purchase your tickets upon arrival only between the hours above. Do not arrive early and park along the road, you will be towed.
That should set you off again Eric, I guess I missed your ranting! It's good and obviously bad news for those that want to come on Saturday only.

-John
Old 08-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #57

Lol, I think I'm done (ranting). I could go on about another topic if you'd like! My wife surely wouldn't mind!

Na, I'm glad they did that, but I still think they should let people camp as they like, not charge em, and don't offer services that necessitate cost. It is the EXPO isn't it? Off grid? Self sufficient?

I haven't registered but need to get it done. My current plan is to drive over mid-day Friday and stay until Sunday morning. I will probably be solo, so I'll bring 6 beers for each child I would usually bring.

I love the 'enhanced' avatar! You're modding your van without even having an actual van to mod!

Old 08-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #58

We have all this time now, gotta do something to the "van" even if it's a virtual one.

Do I get to pick the topic?

-John
Old 08-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #59

Yeah go!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:38 AM   #60

Maybe its not a good time to tell you guys about the surcharge to enter the UJOR booth???

j/k!!!!!! We're busting tail to get ready for this show, really excited. I'll be there every night, look forward to seeing everyone and feel free to come hang out!
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote