Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #11

Medano Pass

Jage,
I am sure glad that you had your Deaver's on , it looked as though you had zero Yaw up and down . This the reason that prompted me to seek out my spring change . Thank you for the great Video's .
Greggde

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin
Yes, Thanks for the Video Jage..... Now I have to buy a video camera!

The wife was already wanting a video camera, and we had two instances last weekend on the Bouder trip that a still camera would not do the trick, and THEN she saw your video! The straw that broke the camel's back!

....and that looked like a fun trip !
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #13

Jumping topics... I have a video camera. Did all the research bought one, took it back, got a great deal on the alternative and loved it- however it quickly wound up in a drawer (much to my wife's chagrin). We bought a miniDV tape model and transferring to the computer is such a drag that I just don't use it.

Since I've always got the camera and it has a good video function I just always use that, the the videos are just AVI files that go right into the photo folders. There is less to carry and with cheap mega-huge cards it is a lot less work. Not as many features as the video camera, but I really don't stand around and shoot video for more than a few minutes.

Anyway, if you're going video camera you might look into the ones that write to DVD/CD or memory card. Also look for a good still image function- sometimes you just want a snapshot.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #14
Site Team

To add to Jage's comment, we've been extremely happy with our Sony camcorder that records to a 30GB hard drive. We bought this just before our son was born, and it also has a still photo feature (snaps pics at about 3MB resolution).

No doubt there are much higher capacity hard drive camcorders out now, not to mention flash memory capacities are getting up there quickly. Remember how 2GB thumb drives were about $80 a year or two ago? I think you can get a 16GB version for the same price now.

Herb
Old 10-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin
Jage,

What camera are you using?
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #16

Fujifilm FinePix S7000 after years and more than 12,000 photos and video and rough use it is just starting to show problems (spot inbetween the lenses, zoom in button is sporatic).

I'm sure they have a better model these days. Oh and I bought my wife a FinePix A400 last year- similar function in different body and I was suprised to find her video has no audio, which is a real drag. Buyer beware!