Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2016, 05:33 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishadam82 View Post
we are heading out tonight (wed) so hopefully we will make it there by mid day tomorrow from Bay Area Cali, we are going to camp somewhere outside the expo ( I was lagging with getting tickets and now they are sold out haha)
Ouch , I missed out getting a camping pass also but it says they may open some additional camping on on Thursday or Friday if the grounds aren't too soggy. Sounds like they are being cautious due to expected rain today and tomorrow. I'm OK with the cautious approach as we're going in there with 2WD.

We're leaving SF tomorrow night. We'll roll in Friday afternoon and see what happens. At least now we know we might end up in the National Forest lands. I was really hoping to end up camping on the expo grounds so as to be able to wander around the campground in the evening to check out all the cool rigs and meet the owners.

This is our 2012 E350 RB Wagon, sort of a blank canvas at the moment, as we're going to the expo for ideas and inspiration.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #42

Leaving tomorrow morning, can't wait, last year was interesting with the weather this year its sold out?... I have been disconnected getting the show ready to roll. Hope to meet some of the members there, safe travels.
adventurevan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:27 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurevan5 View Post
Leaving tomorrow morning, can't wait, last year was interesting with the weather this year its sold out?... I have been disconnected getting the show ready to roll. Hope to meet some of the members there, safe travels.
Where you coming from?
polishadam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishadam82 View Post
Where you coming from?
Upland, Ca.
adventurevan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:57 PM   #45
Site Team

Garage
Everything is pretty muddy after multiple days of rain and hail. Backcountry camping will be sloppy unless it drys quickly. Pinegrove Campground is paved and sites are dry but it may be full by tomorrow. Lots of Expo vehicles pulling in. The two campgrounds across the highway, Ashurst and Forked Pine, also have paved access, I'm told. The other areas near Mormon Lake are small so I'd imagine they'll fill up if they haven't already. Other options include the campsites further north on Lake Mary Rd.

We're in Pinegrove for the night. Might be able to book our site for the weekend if someone wanted to take it. Not cheap--$22/night.

Don

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:58 AM   #46

Looking forward to some pictures or video of the event!

2010 SMB
www.xtrememobileadventures.com
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:24 PM   #47

I made it out for a couple of hours on Saturday. The winds had at least died down somewhat. I got to briefly say hi to Ramsey and check out his rig. Talked briefly with John. I also met Kelly aka Gooseberry after all these years. Otherwise, I was there to soak up what I could on solar panels, sPODS, LED light bars, roof racks, and wheels. I took lots of pics of wheels. None of the rigs. There are so many cool rigs.

Rionapo we will ride next time for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Agile Sprinter.jpg   Agile wheels.jpg   aluminess van wheels.jpg   alumness van titanium.jpg  
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:27 PM   #48

I know all the cool kids have one but I was checking out various ways to mount an LED light bar on our vans. I have to say I was not impressed with Sportsmobile's application. $2000 installed.

They mount the light bar on both an E350 and on the Sprinters straight through the sheet metal roof. I suppose this is ok but my concern is stress, eventual rust, and geez the wires were even exposed. Not pro at all.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4974.jpg   IMG_4975.jpg   IMG_4978.jpg  
Old 05-23-2016, 06:28 PM   #49

I really liked this Method wheel but can't find it on their website. It was on a decked out Toyota Tundra.
Attached Thumbnails
toyota wheels.jpg  
Old 05-24-2016, 08:37 AM   #50

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Method Mesh

Method Street Wheels

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote