Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #11

Well, that was an experience... I guess I don't get out much. Or, at least I don't get out much with 60-70,000 other people all camping in the same area!!! I've got dust on top of my dust & some more dust on top of that.

I had a blast though & what little of the racing I did get to see was pretty cool, but damn it was a bit of a zoo. I'm definitely planning on going back next year. I'll just do some things a little differently. Unfortunately, Papi & Harriet's was closed on Tuesday & Wednesday. The place looked pretty cool though, so I'll have to work that in next year.

Hope everyone that went had a good time & made it out alive

Old 02-09-2020, 02:21 PM   #12

The racing was epic. First across was 13 minutes behind first place on time. There was a great chance the possible winner (Gomez?) was going to cross the finish in under 13 minutes, but with about a MILE and a HALF to go he broke an upper control arm. He kept going with almost no steering, but only finished 6th. The winner, rolled over at backdoor, less than a mile from the finish. His co driver got him upright and the second all four wheels hit the ground he took off leaving his navigator behind. Yesterday was the king of the motos, with a shotgun three start wave. Off the line was a long ridiculous up hill, bolder strewn cliff. The carnage was epic. Most recreational riders wouldn’t have made the first hill. All in all, a fantastic week, well except for the dust that is.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #13

Yup watched Motos on Youtube stream. Most folks cannot comprehend the extreme ruggedness or steepness of the trails. I have done all the runs on the east side around Sledgehammer and a one on the west side. My first run was back in 1992 in my Boss 289 powered V8 XJ with 9" front and rear Detroit locked axles I built specifically for Johnson Valley. The 1st long wheel base Jeep to make it unscathed, according to the founders of the Hammers.The transition and growth of over the counter parts and advanced knowledge for vehicle setups compared to 30 years ago is night n day. At that time Dick Cepek was the only west coast chain offroad supplier till 4wd Parts bought them!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote