Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2021, 05:27 AM   #11

Just got back lastnight no problems. My place is close to Glen it sound like k31 south of San Felipe weather was great little windy

K31 Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:44 AM   #12

Just got back on Saturday from a 10 day trip. Crossed at San Ysidro both ways with no issues. We purposely avoided Mexicali because we heard there were check points. Took the 3 across from Ensenada to San Felipe. Couple of military check points but no problems. Except for a little wind on the last day, the weather was beautiful down in the Seven Sisters area.
dferr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by K31 Van View Post
Just got back lastnight no problems. My place is close to Glen it sound like k31 south of San Felipe weather was great little windy
Yes, very close. Were at K39, just south of the Poblado.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:19 PM   #14

Garage
Go to the US Border Patrol website and see the crossing closure days and times. I was down a while back (June) and Tecate was closed....had to roll back to San Ysidro and sweated in line for a spell. There was one temp check just before Ensenada where the nice lady asked my business being in Baja. Even with surfboards on the roof and a back seat of frothing teens we got through without much-a-do. Kids didn't get temp checked only myself and wife. I am a member of a travel club called Vagabundos Del Mar. They have a "Hotbox" with latest reports, road conditions, closures, check points etc (not soliciting) you could check them out. I usually get my insurance for the year through them. For my SMB it is around $500 bucks. For a 5-7 day trip the insurance cost is almost the same so I opt for the annual. Safe travels!!!!
Old 02-25-2021, 09:19 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzero View Post
Go to the US Border Patrol website and see the crossing closure days and times. I was down a while back (June) and Tecate was closed....had to roll back to San Ysidro and sweated in line for a spell. There was one temp check just before Ensenada where the nice lady asked my business being in Baja. Even with surfboards on the roof and a back seat of frothing teens we got through without much-a-do. Kids didn't get temp checked only myself and wife. I am a member of a travel club called Vagabundos Del Mar. They have a "Hotbox" with latest reports, road conditions, closures, check points etc (not soliciting) you could check them out. I usually get my insurance for the year through them. For my SMB it is around $500 bucks. For a 5-7 day trip the insurance cost is almost the same so I opt for the annual. Safe travels!!!!
Hi Nimzero,
Quick question regarding that insurance. The last time I went south, I was reading the policy and noticed that unless you have an appraisal for the value of the van they will only pay out blue-book. Is the $500/year for the appraised replacement value? I need to look into that. Now that I have my SENTRI pass, I see myself doing more three-day weekends like back in my college days. Less hassle having the insurance taken care of for the year and not having to spend time on that pre-trip.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:23 AM   #16

Garage
Sorry for delay in responding. I gave then a value I didn’t have to appraise it. Honestly I was more interested in the legal representation then the vehicle. I will take a look and message you. Or post up here��
Old 03-08-2021, 09:28 AM   #17

Yes, I've always given the value at what I bought it for, but when I saw that in the policy this last time I realized they may interpret my value differently.