Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2015, 03:09 AM   #11

Garage
Re: NW Overland rally 2015

G'day,

I will be there, straight from SMB West, Fresno. NW Overland Rally will help me organise my van after long flight from Perth, Western Australia to LAX, CA, then onto Fresno & the Rally in WA.

Had lots of other camping experience in a multitude of vehicles in Australia and been to the US three times before. Will still be challenging to start with.

I am concerned about 6.0 engine. The end of this part of my 5.5 weeks ends in Ashville, NC, where
I am having the engine and possibly transmission rebuilt with some APR head studs, EGR delete,
replace radiator cap if rquired, and other Bulletproofing, as needed.

I would like Chris from Ujoint to install new rebuilt engine and inspect/modify vehicle suspension
if required.

Then storing vehicle for 5 months till next trip. SMB will be in France in 2016 for the Tour de France.

Wish me luck or suggest ways of improving luck?

Cheers, Doug

2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffdoug
Wish me luck or suggest ways of improving luck?
Have someone install a V10 (petrol).

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:57 PM   #13

Was at the SMB site and saw that they will have both the RB50 4x4 Sprinter and the EB50 Ford Classic at this event.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:42 AM   #14

Garage

I am now planning to go. I hope to meet some of you there.

2001 Van Haus E350 EB 7.3L Quadvan 4X4
1999 Sportsmobile E150 - SOLD
2002 Sportsmobile RB50 7.3L 4X4 - SOLD
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #15

i have one more rotation at work and then will be off to the rally, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you. Look for our van with Alaska plates and stop by to say hi............
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:20 PM   #16

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller
i have one more rotation at work and then will be off to the rally, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you. Look for our van with Alaska plates and stop by to say hi............
G'day,
Looking forward to meeting. Checking out each other's Advanced 4WD install.
Have you had any issues? Do you know what the front and rear Diffs & Brakes are made of?
And who's is the 4WD Converter? Will be very interesting!
Cheers, Doug.
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #17

Was just over at the Expedition Portal and saw that the Seattle Sprinter dealer will be bringing the Sprinter 4x4 to the rally.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:18 AM   #18

G'day,
Looking forward to meeting. Checking out each other's Advanced 4WD install.
Have you had any issues? Do you know what the front and rear Diffs & Brakes are made of?
And who's is the 4WD Converter? Will be very interesting!
Cheers, Doug.[/quote]

I've had a few issues, the transmission crossmember was 90% cracked, and the exhaust system is really crude but nothing major. The front Dana 44 was supplied directly by Dana and is called a Converter 44. It uses stock F250 parts. The rear is the stock Dana 60 with factory limited slip. Cheers.............
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:25 PM   #19

Garage

I will be attending the NW Overland Rally again this year... for the first time as a vendor. I will be giving one presentation on photo tech on Saturday and then shortly thereafter hosting a round-table on summer travel in Alaska/Yukon.

The photo tech presentation covers smart phones to drones and prompts the question of what amount of gear you are willing to travel with in order to show the world your unique perspective (exploring the dichotomy of intrusive vs perspective photo technologies and choices and how some of that dichotomy is diminishing).

The photo tech presentation is on behalf of Epic-Exposure, LLC. Epic-Exposure is a digital media company that I formed this year geared toward the production of high quality digital imagery. The Epic-Exposure booth will be at or near my dark grey Sportsmobile within the Sportsmobile vendor area. For those attending, please stop by over the course of the event and say hi, grab a business card, and connect with us on social media if you are so inclined to see how our business evolves.

Cheers,
TWOLOST +1 (now @ epic-exposure.com)

Cheers,
---Bruce--- (epic-exposure.com/albums/adventure/)
twolost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:35 PM   #20

Am planning to arrive at the expo between noon and 1:00 on Thursday. Will try to reserve some spots for us to setup near each other. Looking forward to meeting everyone.