Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2019, 09:34 PM   #1

One night in Anza Borego 2/16

Am hoping to spend one night in Anza Borego at, 33.278953, -116.058357 this Saturday night. You are welcome to stop in. Am headed for Yuma on Sunday to meet up with an Expo group doing the CABDR-South. Am hoping the weather will be dryer next week.

larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:30 PM   #2

I was out that way last weekend. After all the rain there are purple flower carpets everywhere, peppered with lots of yellow, orange and red. You will be rewarded.

Expect lots of people and slow traffic in these usually depopulated areas. The day trippers from IE, OC and SD will be there to see the flowers.
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #3

I just got back from there on Monday. I spent 4 days in the area taking Bill Burke's 4X4 class. I can't make it this weekend, but I'd love to get back out there and do some more exploring & MTN biking. I don't know how the current weather will affect the bloom, but it has already started turning purple.

Have a great trip...
Old 02-14-2019, 07:22 PM   #4

Turns out that I am not going to be there after all. Needed to cancel my other trip due to last minute issues with the van. The transmission I sdoin gathering shimmy and shutter when shifting. Adding fluid helped but am not comfortable doing. A three week trip with it.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote