Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #1

PNW Meeting

Anyone in the PNW interested in getting together in November. We haven't had a forum meetup here since the trip to Lake Gallerhead last fall.

If you are interested please post:

Weekends you are available in November.
Are you interested in an overnight or just daytrip?
Are you 2-wheel or 4wheel drive.

We are available any weekend in November,
Interested in Overnight camping but would also do a daytrip
4x4

Thanks
John

Old 10-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #2

Re: PNW Meeting

John,

Might be doable. I was hoping for something this coming weekend, but haven't had any interest. This would be our first meet-up.

We are available on the 14th and 21st. I'll need to convince my wife and also get the furnace working (possible sail switch problem). If you put it together, I'll make an effort to be there.

We're on the Oregon coast, so somewhere vaguely between us and Seattle would be really nice. If it has wineries nearby, I'm more likely to be successful in convincing...

Jack
Old 10-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
BC

Might be difficult for us in Nov but would like to try. See how it shapes up, 2nd weekend looks like only time we could pull it off given pretty hectic travel month. Or maybe last weekend. Open to day trip or overnighter, 4x4
BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #4

I'd like to get together but in actuality I'll be a 50/50 given the family fall schedule.

Set out some dates and a location and I'll start to make room in the schedule.

-Mark

2008 SMB EB-52, Quadvan 4x4, 6.0 PSD SOLD
2017 Ford Transit T250 148WB mid-roof w/ Quadvan 4x4
bitburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #5

Any further thoughts on the meetup? We're considering a trip toward the Puget Sound region on either the 13th-15th or 20th-22nd. Possibilities include the San Juan Islands or Port Angeles/Port Townsend/Olympics areas. It would be great to fit a meet-up into our plans.

Jack
Old 11-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to Velogeo

November is pretty much booked up for me.

My family does an annual Christmas tree outing -- annual being a generous term. This will be year 2 -- in December to the national forest north of Mt. Rainier. You have to get a permit ($10), and you end up with a tree more at the Charlie Brown end of the spectrum, but it's a lot of fun. I'm not sure it'd be a good Northwest Meet and Greet, but anyone is welcome to join. Just let me know.

Waiting till the after the holidays might make more sense, at least for us. Doing something in Southern Washington or Northern Oregon might get us a little bit larger group this time.

Throwing out some ideas:
Gifford Pinchot National Forest (SW Washington). I haven't spent any time down there, but it could be fun. There's the Ape Caves (Lava Tubes) to explore. A good option if there are kids along.

A winter beach run to say Long beach wouldn't be a bad option. There is no dispersed camping as far as I know. It would have to be a, probably State, campground.

The Peninsula is always a good idea. I'm ashamed to say I've never been to either of the rain forests.

Oregon I'm not as up on. The Christmas Valley area is supposed to be pretty nice, but I haven't spent any time there. I just drove forest service roads along the John Day River. That was really nice.

Peter