Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #21

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Re: Three days and two nights in Baja - you are invited!

OK, we are going to plan another trip to Baja that will be epic. I'll start a new thread.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #22

I'm down for the next caravan to baja. Can't make this one. Got plans already this weekend. Safety in numbers says this el wimpo
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #23

"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
OK, we are going to plan another trip to Baja that will be epic. I'll start a new thread.
Was it something I said? If you don't want me to go, just say so. LOL

What about going down to Coco's, and then take last years race course through that canyon with all the water in it, then we could cut over to 1 and take some beach excursions on our way back home?

San Felipe - night 1
LA Bay (area) - night 2
El Rosario (beach) - night 3
Santo Tomas (beach) - night 4

Is that being too optimistic about how many miles we could cover each day? I really want to see that watery canyon south of Coco's at something slower than race pace. It looked awesome.
Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFFE
Man, I wish I could do this. I bought my sportsmobile a year ago last week and have been dreaming of Baja ever since. I live in the van with my girlfriend and I cant convince her that it is safe. This would have been the perfect intro. She says she will go if we find some other people who have been before to tag along with. Unfortunately we just drove east a few days ago and will be here for business through mid january. We are still trying to figure out where we are going to go for the end of Jan until work picks up again in mid may. I would love to tag along on any trips to Baja during that time.
BajaSportsmobile is down there all the time. I go there a lot as well, but not as much as him. I'll probably be going down to Concepcion Bay this winter (it's near Mulege.) Do a Google image search of the bay and you'll see why! And, the weather is perfect (usually.)

I always do some off-roading on my way down there. Last year I was in low range for about 125 miles. That was a little too much! But you can expect 50-75 miles of dirt and sand if you go with me. I haven't gone with another vehicle yet, just my girlfriend and my Great Dane.

Post up some pictures of your van...
Old 09-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #26

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
I need to find out the date of the San Felipe 250 race and then we can make some plans to include: San Felipe 250 race (camp in one of the canyons next to the race course), Gonzaga Bay (camp on the Sea of Cortez beach), Bay of LA (by way of Coco's Corner and Calamajue Wash [Frog Canyon]), San Ignacio, La Laguna (to pet the whales) and maybe Scorpion Bay!!!

Anyway we will come up with an epic trip that will put aside Mexico travel concerns and convert everyone.

We did this trip last March, here is a little footage of one of the highlights:

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFFE
Man, I wish I could do this. I bought my sportsmobile a year ago last week and have been dreaming of Baja ever since. I live in the van with my girlfriend and I cant convince her that it is safe. This would have been the perfect intro. She says she will go if we find some other people who have been before to tag along with. Unfortunately we just drove east a few days ago and will be here for business through mid january. We are still trying to figure out where we are going to go for the end of Jan until work picks up again in mid may. I would love to tag along on any trips to Baja during that time.
BajaSportsmobile is down there all the time. I go there a lot as well, but not as much as him. I'll probably be going down to Concepcion Bay this winter (it's near Mulege.) Do a Google image search of the bay and you'll see why! And, the weather is perfect (usually.)

I always do some off-roading on my way down there. Last year I was in low range for about 125 miles. That was a little too much! But you can expect 50-75 miles of dirt and sand if you go with me. I haven't gone with another vehicle yet, just my girlfriend and my Great Dane.

Post up some pictures of your van...
This all sounds awesome. I would love to do some fly fishing for rooster fish while I am down there but most of all I just want to explore. I am new to the forum but I posted some pictures in my album. Hopefully you can check them out. My girlfriend and I (and our golden retriever mutt Jack) are full timers. We are lucky enough to be able to "work" remotely from the end of Feb through mid may. YOu can count us in for any trip during that window!
LFFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #28

^rad looking rig
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocsmb
^rad looking rig
His girlfriend's got it going on too!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #30

San Ignacio when the grey whales are there is probably the most amazing travel experience of my life. There really isn't anything like it.