Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2017, 10:35 PM   #11

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #12

Advanced 4wd
Old 03-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #13

Beautiful spot. Can someone post a pic of the sticker that was made? I'd love to see it.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #14

Ahhhh I suppose us Eastern e350 owners would need a whole other set of wheels and tires to join down there?
Old 03-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #15

Nope. You'd be fine with any 4wd and possibly a decently set up 2wd. I've heard of lots of 2wd people doing Baja. Common sense and planning applies as it does to all off-roading.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Ahhhh I suppose us Eastern e350 owners would need a whole other set of wheels and tires to join down there?
You would be fine. About the only place that might be an issue will be getting to the top of the bluff as the sand is pretty deep in spots. Still, plenty of people with agressive offroad tires have gotten stuck there too The good news is there are lots of folks with winches to pull you out, it's all part of the fun.
Advanced 4wd
Old 03-12-2017, 11:47 AM   #17

It's a little hard to see as I haven't installed it yet.
Attached Thumbnails
sticker.jpg  
Advanced 4wd
Old 03-12-2017, 01:00 PM   #18
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Any info on the 2017 course? The score-international web site is a bit vague and often sends you to links and info for races past. Lots of questions and I'm sure as things get closer and as information on the 2017 race is released, things will be answered.
On that note, maybe Jeff or Robb can chime in on a few things to help us (me) understand the logistics of this meet-up to start the planning stages in the meantime. It looks like the race is point to point, going from Ensenada to La Paz.
A few things-
Where would we potentially meet up before heading down if the first stop is San Felipe? And what border crossing Tijuana or Mexicali?
Does the race usually follow a general route from year to year?
Where is the area that is planned to view the race? Same general spot as past races? Near or accessible from San Felipe or? Return to the same camp daily or move spots?
Is anyone planning on spending more time down there after the race, maybe even into Thanksgiving? Thinking of shipping the fam down.....Thanksgiving 2017 in Baja!! Turkey tacos!!
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Any info on the 2017 course? The score-international web site is a bit vague and often sends you to links and info for races past. Lots of questions and I'm sure as things get closer and as information on the 2017 race is released, things will be answered.
On that note, maybe Jeff or Robb can chime in on a few things to help us (me) understand the logistics of this meet-up to start the planning stages in the meantime. It looks like the race is point to point, going from Ensenada to La Paz.
A few things-
Where would we potentially meet up before heading down if the first stop is San Felipe? And what border crossing Tijuana or Mexicali?
Does the race usually follow a general route from year to year?
Where is the area that is planned to view the race? Same general spot as past races? Near or accessible from San Felipe or? Return to the same camp daily or move spots?
Is anyone planning on spending more time down there after the race, maybe even into Thanksgiving? Thinking of shipping the fam down.....Thanksgiving 2017 in Baja!! Turkey tacos!!

Lots of good questions, and plenty of time to figure it all out. The race course is generally not publicized until a couple week prior to the race, so picking a viewing spot will have to wait, but we will probably set up camp at the viewing spot. The memorial will be planted at Ramseys favorite camp spot atop a sandy bluff, just south of San Felipe. (the one in the photos above) It will be hard to climb to the spot without 4wd, but we can certainly help winch those that might get stuck. With no idea of how many folks plan to come, we will find a suitable place to meet up later. I suspect there will be some activity at the Agile shop in the days prior to crossing too. I would also expect that some people will simply meet us somewhere along the way in Baja, as trying to coordinate a big group crossing can be difficult, sort of like herding cats. Having some type of two way radio will help, I"m equipped with C.B. Ham, race radios and FRS hand held radios, so I'll be able to chat with what ever you bring. For those that have never been to Mexico, crossing the border is simple, and I'm sure newbees will want to cross with more experienced folks. Prior to crossing, we normally stop at the border to exchange some money and to buy insurance. You will need insurance, despite the fact that many go without, it's risky. In the past I have bought insurance and gotten some good general information from these folks. Member Services After the race I'm sure many folks will head deeper into Baja, I know I will. So, in the coming months we will iron out many of the details, but most importantly, just make sure you save the dates, we can get you across the border and to the camp spot (unless you have a low clearance 2wd rig, in which case you will probably end up camping at the bottom of the hill, which ain't too bad either)..............
Advanced 4wd
Old 03-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
(unless you have a low clearance 2wd rig, in which case you will probably end up camping at the bottom of the hill, which ain't too bad either)..............
I'll be more than happy to tow people up the hill.. Just make sure you have a good tow point on the front, cause you don't wanna have to try and go backwards!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote