Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #1

SEMA 2010 Updates & Pics

Well Disabled Explorers is at SEMA 2010 thanks to some last minute fundraising and we are setup outside the main hall with a couple of our great partners Equipt Expedition Outfitters and Adventure Trailers.

I know everyone is all about the pictures so I will jump right to that….

As we all parked together (along with the American Overland Expedition guys) in the Feature Vehicle Staging lot we have quiet the “snorkel row going”

Other cool rigs we saw were Icon’s 4dr FJ40 or 45 or ?? and the TJM JK

And then we were parked and setup at the show and of course it was time for those last minute “SEMA projects” to be taken care of….like Martyn’s (Adventure Trailers) drawer system!
We started with a pile of flat panels, which once we had it all out and sorted looked like this

and then after and fairly easy but long install process looked like this

And while that was going on our buddy Paul of Equipt kept trying to sneak away to the Eezi-Awn tent for a nap or something

This Defender which was listed under ARB is parked next to us and it is amazing

And of course there is a wide range of ideas about how a rig should be setup, which is what makes this hobby of ours so interesting.

Check out the beach cruiser on the roof of this ride

Watch for more updates as the show opens on Tues and we get a look inside at the action

Old 11-03-2010, 12:07 AM   #2

Re: SEMA 2010 Updates & Pics

Ok I am going to do my part to update things....I have been spending quite a bit of time in education sessions trying to learn some new stuff, but hanging out with the Equipt gang meant getting around the show and seeing some pretty cool stuff...

As we were setting up this morning this craziness was pointed right at the WAVE, thank goodness there was major concrete between me & them

I love the bigger rigs, and just think of what Sportsmobile could do with a custom box on this thing

Here is a bit of old school matched up with Ipad new tech

Speaking of old school, here are some Bronco's, including a Baja Edition that you could get from the dealer for $5000

And lest anyone think we are not real life overlanders with fully kitted out rigs and packed fridges, well here we are enjoying lunch at the home base, this is where you can find us each day around noon

And for all those that make fun of all the comforts we cram in our rigs, well at least this isn't anyone we hang out with....even if it is a really nice storage solution

I took a ton more pics that need sorting and posting, so watch for more to come...
Old 11-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #3

Thanks for the live report... Nice to see when not able to be there...
AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
Site Team

Garage

OK Im not seeing anymore photos. On my through Vegas last night had a bunch of trucks hauling what I could only think was stuff from Sema.

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
Site Team

Nice Stroppe (Baja) bronco. While about $5K new, that one is probably anywhere from $20K - $30K right now. Very rare models "race prepped" by Stroppe's outfit straight from Ford. Most estimates are less than 700 prepped this way.

Herb